2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Things To Consider

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Things To Consider
By jwh on

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 90,000 miles on my V6 prerunner. I have not had any major problems. I have a faint whistle when I excelarate and sometime when I let off the gas. My TRD stickers crack and peel. I also have a rattle in my dash. The truck is sporty and fun, it has plenty of power but there seems to be a some kind of timing problem with transmission towing a 2500lb boat including trailer and gear. It will jump out of overdrive. If I take it out of over drive on hwy it over revs the engine. The tires that came on truck are too big for it 31/10.5 the truck is not heavy enough to compress the tires to smooth them out.

I like the tight feel of the truck quick reponce from the pedal if needed. I like the sound of the mufflers sounds cool.

Gas Mileage very poor, Transmission, tires, manufacturing quilty inspection. Rattles and whistles. what would make this truck my dream truck is for it to be able to pull my boat on the hwy. Do not buy this truck if want to pull anything over 2500lbs with it more than a hundred miles.