happy not elated
By joe driver on
2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB
This 2000 SR5 V6 x-cab has taken a beating! The reliability is fantastic! With 215k and climbing fast, it has never stranded me and has required only minimal maintainence and repairs. The power is terrific and mileage is 22-23 ave. I have had exactly 1 tuneup and it still runs beautifully. All that said the comfort level leaves a lot to be desired. It bucks like a bronco on bumpy LA roads, the cab gets fumes or exhaust smells frequently, and the rattles, squeeks and whistles are numerous. Being a professional driver(courier) the reliability and low maintainence outweighs the comfort problems and high sticker.
Favorite Features
Reliability of course! I love the power of the V6 engine and the smooth shifting auto transission still shifts like new. A couple tips: change your oil every 3000(Castrol 5/30 is my rec) and flush (power flush, not drain) your transmission every 30000 and this vehicle will last!
Suggested Improvements
Better ride and better workmanship on the interiors is needed to remove annoying rattles and squeeks. The problem with smells(fumes) getting into the cab should be addressed as well. I have had 3 Tacoma's and they all had this problem after the first year or two.