2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Can't beat a Toyota

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Can't beat a Toyota
By Jazbone on

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a follow up to my original posting after I purchased my Tacoma 4WD. I haven't had any major problems with this truck. The only problem was my aux trans shifter popped out of position when taking out of 4WD at 45 mph. It was an easy fix as the retainer clip had loosened out of its clip holder. It was put back in and I haven't had any problems with it since. Gas mileage has been as high as 24.7 and I average 19.5-21 mpg traveling the I-5 corridor through the Cascade mt range of Northern California. The comfort is still a problem over aggressive expansion joints or the rutty freeways of the entire Bay Area region! This truck has been great to me and I will trade up for a new one soon!!

Gas mileage for a 4WD, Mt hiway handling, looks, reliability.

Would be nice to have softer springs and shocks but, it's a 4wd on a short wheel base, can't have everything. Also if the cab was a bit roomier w/o having to upgrade to a super-cab.