Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Most Helpful|
2000 TACOMA EXT. CAB V-6
By MIKEEMAN

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY TRUCK HAS BEEN GREAT. OTHER THAN THE NEAR 100,000 MILE CLUTCH REPLACEMENT EVERYONE SHOULD EXPECT IT HASN'T LEFT ME STRANDED. 4 WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM HAS YET TO LET ME DOWN. BUT THE ALTERNATOR IS IN A BAD PLACE FOR A 4 X 4. IT'S LOW NEAR THE WHEEL WELL IN A SPOT MUD AND WATER REGULARLY GET SPLASHED IF YOU ACTUALLY USE THE 4WD IN THE WOODS OR THE LOCAL PLAY HOLE. JUST A SMALL OVERSIGHT.

Favorite Features

I LIKE MY FACTORY INSTALLED SUNROOF. IT GIVES IT A NICE OPEN FEEL ESPECIALLY DURING SUMMER. HAVING BUCKETS ARE NICE BECAUSE OF THE CONSOLE STACK. PLACES EVERYTHING WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE.

Suggested Improvements

BUCKETS SHOULD BE DEEPER MORE SUPPORTIVE. THE ALTERNATOR NEEDS TO BE HIGHER UP IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT OR ADD A SPLASH GAURD ON THE SIDE OF IT. A FEATURE ON A DIFFERENT TRUCK IS THE WASHER FLUID NOZZLES ON THE WIPERS THEMSELVES. IT WORKS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN ON THE HOOD.

Best truck I have ever owned
By James

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the third Toyota I have owned. 89 Corolla, 89 pickup, then this one. All I have had to replace on it in the last 60,000 miles has been oil/filters and tires. It gets great mileage as long as you don't drive too hard (hah, right, NOT drive hard) around 25 mpg. The braking could be better. All in all this truck has been good to me.

Favorite Features

Dash clock, armrest, hydraulic clutch, all the controls are in the right spot, reclining seats.

Suggested Improvements

None

190K and still running great
By clloyd

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup used and have put 160K on it. I've replaced the U joints- the only thing ever done over routine maintenance. I live in the country, lots of hauling and dirt roads. I love this truck and will never be without a Toyota!

Running Strong after 10 Yrs and Counting
By JH

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my PreRunner July 2000 with 5 miles. Now at 136,500 it's still 100% dependable. I take it everywhere...work, hunting, ATV carrier, wood hauling. You name it and it's always there for me. Outside of the normal maintenance (brakes, fluids, tires, etc) no problem what so ever. I've been running Toyo's on it since 2007 and I wish I would have made that switch 7 years prior. Simply a great vehicle. I don't think my teenager is going to get this truck. I'll get him something else. ;-)

Favorite Features

Power Windows Power Locks Jump seats Exterior appearance is bold! Cab set up is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

A larger gas tank (maybe 20 gals).

Amazing
By mudrunner23

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been in my wife's family since 2002 and it has been amazing. Other than routine oil changes, tune ups, brakes and a battery last year this truck has never needed a repair. That is amazing even for a Toyota. It now has 162k on it and shows no signs of slowing down. The gas mileage is great for a truck that looks as mean as it does, 19-21 city and 22-24 highway. It is user friendly and fun to drive. It still regular gets compliments and people asking me to sell it to them.

Favorite Features

Amazing reliability, tight handling, gas mileage, good acceleration, looks. TRD Package.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint would be that the seats could use some more lumbar support for long trips.