Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By Keith

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the first Toyota I ahve owned. 4x4 V6 5spd that get 19.5 mpg and 21 on the highway. The ride is what you expect from 4wd - upgrade shocks asap. Interior is a little utilitarian - not much fluff, but gets the job done. Most reliable truck I have owned and I am 2nd owner. Get the v6 for any trailering - pulled 4900 trailer with draw tight no problem. I pull boat almost weekly with no problem

Favorite Features

Looks - this thing is mean looking for a compact truck. Ground clearance is 10 inches - great off road vehicle and works well in snow or ice. Excellent engine with plenty of power and capability - hey, its a Toyota, what do you expect.

Suggested Improvements

The new trucks have addressed my concerns - interior. My only complaint is a whiny trans (5spd). Whines in 1st and 2nd - may be throw out bearing, not sure. Interior couls be a little quieter as well - trans noise.

Truck Perfection
By riz

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck was by far the best automobile I ever had. The only time I had it in the garage was when I got my oil changed. No problems whatsoever and I beat the heck out of it. I went off roading somewhat often and drove through 20" snowstorms with ease. Gas mileage was not great, but it is a 4X4 truck. I reccomend this truck to anyone. It fits three with ease, and it good for long trips. Never should have traded it in an my mustang.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, chrome bumpers, easy to operate stereo. Its 4X4 is the best I had yet.

Suggested Improvements

Have the newer models 2001+ go back to this grille.

Good Dependable Truck
By kmbrandt

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I would say that the truck is a little over priced for what it is, but this truck is very reliable, low maintanence, and a lot of fun for 4 wheeling in. It has great power when needed. Comfort was OK. The only problem we had was the passenger seat would not always lock in place, when I had to put the brakes on the seat would sometimes slide forward. Kinda scary... Overall good truck, nothing fancy.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, reliability, the looks.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the seat. Maybe more push button features on the inside. It could be more comfortable.

my YOTA
By jeremy v

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

Love my YOTA!!!! Daily driver that seems to do it all..

Suggested Improvements

Make the trucks just a little wider, so you don't feel so crowed with two people in the truck.

My Tacoma
By Tango Falcon

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

TRD package adds serious horsepower to the truck and you can diffinitely fell it when the red light turns green. The power to weight ratio is not the greatest but for a day to day use it is diffinitely bangin.

Favorite Features

Engine and dependability

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo for the SR5 TRD package.