2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Like a Rock
By uknowwhoibe on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought mine in 2000. Has 30,000 miles on it. Souped it up with euro-tails, new grill, custom paint job, rims etc. No problems thus far.

Love my truck but...
By Adam_M_P on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Tacoma for almost 2 yrs. now and after 42,000 miles and a few anoyances I still love my truck. On occasion the driver side door pannel vrates at highway speeds. The worst problem I have is the engine knocks when accelerating or climbing a hill at high speeds. The dealerships only recomendation was to run higher octane fuel, so my Tacoma now requires mid- grade gas & still knocks on a rare occasion.

the ultimate shuttle vehicle
By mtn sport on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My first Toyota & certainly not the last. This truck is great, I've pulled some fancy looking 4x4's out of some rough spots w/ no problem. Highly recommend the TRD package. Added a shell to the back for traveling.

Great Truck
By bergcorp on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Limited 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have never had a problem with any Toyota Truck I have owned. Great power (190hp) while still getting 20-22 MPG. Dealer added all options to bring this SR5 up to Limited Trim. Interesting that Edmunds gives a lower resale value for the SR5 with all the same options that are standard on the Limited. Is the "Limited" applique worth $2000 more than the "SR5" applique?

only toyota
By Pumba on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I picked up my 2000 SR5 4WD V6 on the eve of 2000. I love this truck. I havn't put many miles on it until recently. I had a company car to drive. This is my second toyota (first a 1991 tercel) and my wife just bought a 2002 RAV4 which is awesome. This truck has plenty of power. The only drawbacks I see are the cruise control which is jerky, the seats are a little uncomfortable after a while, the bed of the truck jumps around like cray on bumpy city roads, and finally the gas miliage is terrible. I only an average 17mpg. I thought I would at least get 21 to 23. All that aside, I love this truck

Longing for LONG BED!!!!
By RAD131 on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

I Paid $6100.00 cash in the fall of 1985 for a '86 standard LONG BED Toyota pick-up. Toyota stopped making the long bed over 10 years age. I wish they would bring back the awesome standard cab long bed. I'm still drive my '86 truck with 213k and going strong. I'll buy a new toyota if they'll make it a long-bed!!!!

fun truck
By pat on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

peppy 2.4L engine, especially after downey air intake.

fun truck
By Pat on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

peppy 2.4L engine, especially after downey air intake.

Where's the bumper?
By KBI on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Both this pickup and my Civic 2000 don't have real bumpers. Maybe this is the way they make them today. It will cost you if you his something. The transmission and clutch (std 5 spd), is the worst of any vehicle I've driven of models built since the 1950s. I have to shift carefully to get anywhere near a smooth shift. By the way, I was raised on a farm and *know* how to shift. The pickup gets good mileage and the engine runs well and supplies all the power I need.

Rolling-On
By mr.podater on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my Pre-Runner XCab July 2000 having a growing family, needed the room but gas was an issue. I chose the 2.7L 4 over the 6 for that reason. To date and 26,000 miles later, I haven't second guessed my decision. It has the necessary power from stock once broken in to merge into the highway and pass cars. I don't advise riding at 80mph++ but it does that and a bit more. Cabin noise is acceptable at higher speeds. Use the power button when towing for faster shifts and improved power. Overall, I love my truck!! Wouldn't be caught driving anything else.