2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Very Impressed.....
By timrocko on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Never thought I'd buy a foreign vehicle, but after owning my Tacoma SR5 4wdEXCAB, dont think I'll owe anything diffrent...Infact so impressed with build quality bought my wife Toyota 4 Runner which is 2 years older but has the same 3.4 V6 and quality and reliabity are unsurpassed...

Nothing but trouble
By Big Allen on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Had nothing but trouble. Went back to dealership 3 times. Looking at lemon law now.

Very Happy
By Jim Flores on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had my Tacoma 4X4 for 1 and a half years and regard buying it as the best auto purchase I have yet made. It's been perfectly reliable and fun to drive. It's become routine for strangers to ask me how I like it and express their interest in buying one. The only drawbacks are driving in high wind, not too bad though, and the drivers seat/ console could be improved.

High marks for 2000 Tacoma XtraCab 4WD
By Hunk on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had no problems with this truck since new except a water leak (wet rug) which the dealer managed to diagnose & fix on the first try (a grommet located on the fire wall was leaking.) I previously owned a 94 Tacoma (hilux) Reg Cab 4wd and found it to be a nice little truck; but I've found the 2000 to be much more refined and comfortable, by a long shot. The 2.7L 4 cyl has surprisingly good pick-up with the automatic trans, just don't plan on moving too fast with the bed loaded.

what's next?
By stressed on 03/11/02 18:18 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

my 1st and last toyota?h2o has leaked into the driver side floor board (3)times.1st the dealer service addvisor says it's a seam that wasn't sealed properly.2nd i saw h2o leaking through a bracket.3rd through the driver side door.the carpet has been replaced but there is still an oder.they put it on the ozone mach.but that made it smell like an old carboard box.only myself and anyone outside the dealership can smell an oder.i bought a toyota "for peace of mind".but it's been anything but that.