Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

2000 TACOMA EXT. CAB V-6
By MIKEEMAN

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY TRUCK HAS BEEN GREAT. OTHER THAN THE NEAR 100,000 MILE CLUTCH REPLACEMENT EVERYONE SHOULD EXPECT IT HASN'T LEFT ME STRANDED. 4 WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM HAS YET TO LET ME DOWN. BUT THE ALTERNATOR IS IN A BAD PLACE FOR A 4 X 4. IT'S LOW NEAR THE WHEEL WELL IN A SPOT MUD AND WATER REGULARLY GET SPLASHED IF YOU ACTUALLY USE THE 4WD IN THE WOODS OR THE LOCAL PLAY HOLE. JUST A SMALL OVERSIGHT.

I LIKE MY FACTORY INSTALLED SUNROOF. IT GIVES IT A NICE OPEN FEEL ESPECIALLY DURING SUMMER. HAVING BUCKETS ARE NICE BECAUSE OF THE CONSOLE STACK. PLACES EVERYTHING WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE.

BUCKETS SHOULD BE DEEPER MORE SUPPORTIVE. THE ALTERNATOR NEEDS TO BE HIGHER UP IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT OR ADD A SPLASH GAURD ON THE SIDE OF IT. A FEATURE ON A DIFFERENT TRUCK IS THE WASHER FLUID NOZZLES ON THE WIPERS THEMSELVES. IT WORKS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN ON THE HOOD.

Nice truck, overall
By ontario102

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My last 4 vehicles have been Toyo's for good reason. These are the BEST, esp. when a truck like the Tacoma is compaired with the Nissan.

*monster off-road abilities *quality construction

Tacoma is highly recommended!
By toytaco

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Tacoma brand new in August of 2000 and have loved it ever since. There have been a couple of minor mechanical issues, but the dealership has taken care of them completely. My 5 speed V6 offers low to mid 20s in mileage when compared to about the same mileage with the 2.7L four cylinder which is a real dog! I see people on here complaining about interior quality and such, but what do you really expect in a truck? You could spend almost twice as much on a Ford, Dodge or Chevy, but when it comes down to resale value and overall quality, they can't even compare.

Powerful V6, fun to drive, Great Toyota quality... this is my 8th Toyota! Great in the inclement weather.

Extended cab seating area is cramped, factory Goodyear tires leave a bit to be desired, although in 2001 Toyota switched to BF Goodrich on the Tacomas.

They don't make them like they used to
By Alexnovia

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the 2nd Tacoma my husband and I have owned. We bought the 2000 because we loved our '92 so much, but they sure don't make them like they used to. The inside isn't as comfortable as our other toyota. The clutch squeeks, fenders have faded & rubber between truck & fenders has come completely off one and is coming off of the other three. The interior has cheap components. Bought a Dodge Ram for myself, paid the same price as the Toyota and my Dodge is by far a better quality truck. I told my husband when we get rid of the Toyota that is it for us, no more Toyota's.

Don't really have any favorite features, they really have gone downhill.

Get rid of the cheap fenders, use a better quality clutch, redo the entire interior, get some tips from Dodge.

The best
By norb

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

47K miles, no problems - still runs like a highly-tuned machine. Aside from everything else, my windshield has cracked in 3 different places (2 each above the dashboard heater vents - other was a 1/4" crack in the middle that expanded to 18" with a small "pop" sound while attaching radar-detector suction cups). Very disappointed with widshield. All else considered, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone anywhere.

Highly-tuned overall feeling of engine and general operation.

Do something about the brittle windshield!! Should have added a clock to the radio. Better-than- economy seat covers on SR5 vehicles, guys.