Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Couldn't be much better
By Aaaaaron090

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is an excellent truck for daily driving, and has plenty more to offer for the adventuresome folks in the crowd. I use my truck to travel across the nation, and around town. I've only had to keep up with routine checkups, but no other notable problems... Highly Satisfied!

Very impressive 4x4 capabilities. Very responsive steering and handling for an offroad capable truck...

The V6 seems a little underpowered when in compromising mud or sand, and the horn screams like a European bird, it needs to match the truck...

Couldn't be much better
By Aaaaaron090

Great truck!
By MAC

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great, dependable, easy to operate truck.Added supercharger, exaust,and totally TRDed out..down to the radiator cap.Topped off with PIAA lights, tow package, bed linner,and a custom stereo system..cant ask for much more...a nice looking vehicle, that has descent room for a small truck, has big engine torque, and sports car speed.. Wouldnt trade my truck for anything!

My favorite feature is probably the TRD supercharger/exhaust system..Everything together takes my horsepower from 190 to about 310 or so. Great power/system to have for a small truck.Shift on the fly 4-wheel drive is great...ABS option is a plus...And of course the sleek Toyota look is a bonus.

Didnt really like the stock tires, but guess they fixed that. Seats could be improved..Had to replace the water pump/thermostat (prob. because of the supercharger). Other than that, no problems in almost 5 yrs. and 60k+ miles.

Fantastic Little Truck!!!!!!!!!!
By Matt

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great truck! Kinda small, but I bought a standard cab so it's my fault anyway. 2.4L 4Cyl has as much power as most domestic V6 models (at least it feels that way). Get the stick shift, much more fun to drive and easy to shift. Light clutch. Gas mileage could be better but isn't worth griping over. 24mpg is the best you'll get. Has hauled a couple fairly heavy loads (well, heavy for a 4 cylinder!) quite well. Upgrade your headlamps with Sylvania Silverstars. I abuse mine and it doesn't care. Great little truck. Easy to work on (general stuff like plugs and wires, etc...). Highly recommended.

Plenty of vrooom for a 4cyl.

Gas mileage, more head/leg room.

Great Truck
By Keith

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the first Toyota I ahve owned. 4x4 V6 5spd that get 19.5 mpg and 21 on the highway. The ride is what you expect from 4wd - upgrade shocks asap. Interior is a little utilitarian - not much fluff, but gets the job done. Most reliable truck I have owned and I am 2nd owner. Get the v6 for any trailering - pulled 4900 trailer with draw tight no problem. I pull boat almost weekly with no problem

Looks - this thing is mean looking for a compact truck. Ground clearance is 10 inches - great off road vehicle and works well in snow or ice. Excellent engine with plenty of power and capability - hey, its a Toyota, what do you expect.

The new trucks have addressed my concerns - interior. My only complaint is a whiny trans (5spd). Whines in 1st and 2nd - may be throw out bearing, not sure. Interior couls be a little quieter as well - trans noise.