2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Tacoma
By dans on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a fun truck to drive, but i have had some minor problems.

Will never buy a Toyota/Lexus product
By Dissapointed on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck believing that it was superior to all others on the market, man was I ever wrong. My Toyota ownership has been nothing short of a nightmare! I have had a rattling dashboard, squeaking clutch pedal, leaking transmission--enough to have the truck in the shop over 16 documented times. Have been through two arbitrations with Toyota. Buy something else with Your hard earned money.

Toyota Truck
By Chantel on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I really liked this truck when i bought it. It was comfortable and easy to travel in. I even went on a rode trip across the USA with 3 of my friends.

My Best Truck Yet!
By jazzbone on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this under the premise that these vehicles are excellent and reliable. So far, all of the accolades seem to hold true. The ride is very truck like but the seat is comfy for my 6' 250Lb frame. The cab could use more room, but is sufficient. Econmy is good for the roads I. I avg 19-20 on these roads, and get near 25 mpg on the valley flats. 4WD is exc and treads excellent in deep snow and very good on ice. The motor purr's and the 5 sp trans shifts smoothly. I'm real happy with this truck, this lil Tacoma is doing more than I expected.

Toyota Tacoma 2000
By jonnebony on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love our Tacoma this is the second one we have owned, out first Tacoma was a 1997 Tacoma Single Cab, EXCELLENT!! But sold it to upgrade to a newer and "bigger" one, well at least we needed the extended cab. But I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle, it runs and is a great looking TRUCK!!

Some Things to Consider
By famousface on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Seats got better in 2000 but not great. It handles well and predictible. The factory tires really suck in rain. I've had some transmission problems (pulsating in 1st gear) but other than that it has been solid. The mileage is about 20. I had a Subaru before this so it is different, but so far I enjoy it.

I love my Tacoma!
By KC-Mike on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've been driving my Tacoma around the Midwest for two years and have had ZERO problems. The look is great - adventurous and exciting.

This Truck Is Awesome!
By David Habermehl on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my Toyota PreRunner! This truck has the off road capabilities of any 4x4, but without the maintenance of 4wd. The 190 hp V6 is gutsy and pulls my boat with no problems and the automatic tranny shifts smooth through all gears. The bed carries both my bikes and any equipment I need for camping. Extended cab is a must and can really fit 4 passengers for short trips.

Solid truck
By icyhotstunna87 on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

ive always liked toyotas because of their quality, and this truck has continued my trust in toyota with its reliability, comfort, and quality!

'bout Time
By tireman on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Overall great truck. My 4Cyl is good for 20 MPG, little low maybe? You decide. Great for daily commutes, weekend trips to home improvement stores and getting out to the great outdoors. Somewhat lack luster inside, but what can you expect. It is a TRUCK. Solid engineering relates to great overall drive experience. Well priced, dependable, flexible transportation. Great bang for the buck.