Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By Keith

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the first Toyota I ahve owned. 4x4 V6 5spd that get 19.5 mpg and 21 on the highway. The ride is what you expect from 4wd - upgrade shocks asap. Interior is a little utilitarian - not much fluff, but gets the job done. Most reliable truck I have owned and I am 2nd owner. Get the v6 for any trailering - pulled 4900 trailer with draw tight no problem. I pull boat almost weekly with no problem

Looks - this thing is mean looking for a compact truck. Ground clearance is 10 inches - great off road vehicle and works well in snow or ice. Excellent engine with plenty of power and capability - hey, its a Toyota, what do you expect.

The new trucks have addressed my concerns - interior. My only complaint is a whiny trans (5spd). Whines in 1st and 2nd - may be throw out bearing, not sure. Interior couls be a little quieter as well - trans noise.

Truck Perfection
By riz

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck was by far the best automobile I ever had. The only time I had it in the garage was when I got my oil changed. No problems whatsoever and I beat the heck out of it. I went off roading somewhat often and drove through 20" snowstorms with ease. Gas mileage was not great, but it is a 4X4 truck. I reccomend this truck to anyone. It fits three with ease, and it good for long trips. Never should have traded it in an my mustang.

Exterior design, chrome bumpers, easy to operate stereo. Its 4X4 is the best I had yet.

Have the newer models 2001+ go back to this grille.

Good Dependable Truck
By kmbrandt

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I would say that the truck is a little over priced for what it is, but this truck is very reliable, low maintanence, and a lot of fun for 4 wheeling in. It has great power when needed. Comfort was OK. The only problem we had was the passenger seat would not always lock in place, when I had to put the brakes on the seat would sometimes slide forward. Kinda scary... Overall good truck, nothing fancy.

Cruise control, reliability, the looks.

Fix the seat. Maybe more push button features on the inside. It could be more comfortable.

My Tacoma
By Tango Falcon

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

TRD package adds serious horsepower to the truck and you can diffinitely fell it when the red light turns green. The power to weight ratio is not the greatest but for a day to day use it is diffinitely bangin.

Engine and dependability

Better stereo for the SR5 TRD package.

Oh What A Not So Good Truck !
By ToyOfDallas

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Like others I bought this truck with high anticipations based on that Toyota reputation. Over 7 services trips concerning my squeaky clutch, suspension, and faulty paint. The passenger seat is uncomfortable and even it squeaks. I'm very disappointed. I love the body style and solid feel, but there isn't much else to brag about.

Style, wheels, solid body/frame build.

Stand behind your customers! Get the clutch squeak fixed in these models. Better gas mileage. Fix the poor paint quality. Install a better sound system. Get more horsepower out of this V6. Either fix this or sell this junk for half of what you ask for them currently.