2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
toyota tacoma 2dr 4cyl auto
By van on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

gutless wonder in acceleration. straight shift is much peppier. rough riding. dependale transportation, good dealer service gas mileage averages 24-25mpg

I HAD TONS of problems!!! bought NEW
By Marine on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this vehicle new off show room floor with 2 miles on odometer. This thing wore tires funny, TRD emblem came off 3 times check engine light came on 4 times. I finally traded it in for a Dodge durango after 3 years of agony in that tacoma!

Pleased with my purchase.
By Silkey on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased this Toyota a few months ago. I like everything about it except the comfort of the seat. I'm older now than I was when I owned my last Toyota pickup. I didn't mind the seat then. It could use a little more padding. Truck runs great and I anticipate it will for years.

2000 toyota tacoma prerunner v6
By p520 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

some mechanical breakdowns but very minor that were covered under ther warnty.

Would recommend...
By JCF on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

...this truck to anyone. Bought mine in Oct 2000 and have 75k miles. Overall dependability is beyond reproach. Been tremendous fun and plan to keep it for some time ( don't care for the exterior changes on the 2001+ models).

Reliable workhorse
By Max the Happy Camper on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle has never left me stranded and that is what I expect when I buy Toyotas. Still holding together great, no rattles and this truck is used "like a truck". No problems pulling a 20' fiberglass boat and handles commuting chores with ease. Comfortable ride.

Top Quality Truck
By Toyotatrucker on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I haved owned several Toyota trucks over the years and all of them have been extremely realiable. This truck is no exception. After 70000 miles I haven't had one problem with the truck. I keep the oil changed and all the maintence performed and it treats me well. Also, the V6 power in this truck is sufficient for pulling my small fishing boat and equipment without a problem. Loads under a 1000 pounds are all you'll want to put in the truck, however.

happy not elated
By joe driver on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

This 2000 SR5 V6 x-cab has taken a beating! The reliability is fantastic! With 215k and climbing fast, it has never stranded me and has required only minimal maintainence and repairs. The power is terrific and mileage is 22-23 ave. I have had exactly 1 tuneup and it still runs beautifully. All that said the comfort level leaves a lot to be desired. It bucks like a bronco on bumpy LA roads, the cab gets fumes or exhaust smells frequently, and the rattles, squeeks and whistles are numerous. Being a professional driver(courier) the reliability and low maintainence outweighs the comfort problems and high sticker.

Things To Consider
By jwh on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 90,000 miles on my V6 prerunner. I have not had any major problems. I have a faint whistle when I excelarate and sometime when I let off the gas. My TRD stickers crack and peel. I also have a rattle in my dash. The truck is sporty and fun, it has plenty of power but there seems to be a some kind of timing problem with transmission towing a 2500lb boat including trailer and gear. It will jump out of overdrive. If I take it out of over drive on hwy it over revs the engine. The tires that came on truck are too big for it 31/10.5 the truck is not heavy enough to compress the tires to smooth them out.

Tacoma
By DanS on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a fun truck to drive, but i have had some minor problems.