Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

The Sweetest Little Truck in the World.
By Ramona L. Duffy

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

How do I love thee, let me count the ways. :) I have loved it from the moment I saw it and I have never seen another truck that I would rather have. Even the later models of the same truck, I find wanting, style-wise. I didn't like the wide edging over the tires on the later models. Of course I own it now and my mileage is low and it is still adorable! It has never been one moment's trouble. I am only five foot tall and the perfectly placed handles over the door make it snap to get in. I am 70 years old, by the way, and feel like a young chickie when I drive it. I have the bed liner and haul all sorts of stuff in it. I would buy it again. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

The styling of the body. The perfectly placed handles. It is comfortable and long drives are not a problem. It totally reliable and I have never had one minutes trouble with it. Plenty of room. Perfect!

The only thing I would want is maybe a running board, but I can buy that if I want. How can you improve on perfect? I would buy my truck all over again.

Top Quality - Awesome!!!
By Idahoaggie98

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased the truck new in 2000. After 110,000 miles, I have not had any mechanical problems. The quality of finish is impeccable. I need a bigger truck, but am unwilling to depart from such a reliable and capable steed. You cannot go wrong with this Tacoma. If only all vehicles were made this well.

V6, 5-Speed, Manual, 4WD, locking rear differential. Spartan options, but awesome reliability. I'd rather have all the simplicty of my Tacoma, then all the bells and whistle of other makes that break all the team. There is nothing to break on the Tacoma!

I wish I had suicide doors for the extended cab. Back seat comfort. Better seat support. Fuel economy.

Little Red Truck
By ColSpieth

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been a very good truck for me. I plan to keep it to 100,000 miles if possible or 2010 which ever comes first. No repair problems except for tires.

Great value
By Nick George

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

This vehicle has almost 100,000 miles on it and it runs almost like new. It's a truck; rides and sounds like one, but is mechanically superior to anything I've ever owned with this many miles on it. Gas mileage is good at around 18 around town and 23 on the road.

Durability No frills Looks good

Rides rough with the bigger tires on it. Cab is loud at higher speeds

Can't Stop It
By zippo

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought a truck to be used for hunting, fishing and outdoor activities. The truck I have has the 2.7 lt engine. I have put this truck into some pretty nasty areas with mud up to the hubs and only got stuck twice. I have had friends with me while I was pulling a small boat offroad to go to one of our hunting locations tell me that there is no way we are going to make it though some of the areas we would go and the truck pull right through. One of my friends got stuck one time and the truck pulled his truck up a levee while in reverse. I have never put the truck in the shop for anything. The only thing that went out so far was the knock senser and I changed it my self. Awesome truck.

The Tacoma just refuses to stop and will not let you down. I have have not had any mechanical problems.

The 2.7 lt engine does not pull as hard on the highway as I would like. But it is only a 4-cyl. Make it easier to change the fuel filter.