Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Can't Stop It
By zippo

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought a truck to be used for hunting, fishing and outdoor activities. The truck I have has the 2.7 lt engine. I have put this truck into some pretty nasty areas with mud up to the hubs and only got stuck twice. I have had friends with me while I was pulling a small boat offroad to go to one of our hunting locations tell me that there is no way we are going to make it though some of the areas we would go and the truck pull right through. One of my friends got stuck one time and the truck pulled his truck up a levee while in reverse. I have never put the truck in the shop for anything. The only thing that went out so far was the knock senser and I changed it my self. Awesome truck.

The Tacoma just refuses to stop and will not let you down. I have have not had any mechanical problems.

The 2.7 lt engine does not pull as hard on the highway as I would like. But it is only a 4-cyl. Make it easier to change the fuel filter.

Great truck, but obviously a truck
By Carnut

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Had the truck for a year, and no major problems to report. Drives through 2ft of snow like it's nothing, tows like there's nothing there. I was disappointed by the gas mileage - around 15 MPG around town, without a load. Ride is terrible with the TRD package, but it's in line with my expectations for a truck. It also has a very clunky manual transmission. Has had numerous annoying interior rattles, which I did not expect on a Toyota. It also feels quite tippy and has a lot of "bump steer" even on slow corners. All annoyances aside, it's a great truck. I like the simple, uncluttered styling, inside and out. It is very "trucky," but it feels solid and should last forever.

Torquey V6; simple styling; off-road/bad weather capability; V6 available with 5spd; not too big like the '05 Tacoma

Fix the endless assortment of squeaks, creaks, and rattles!! More comfortable seats. Less-clunky shifter. Rear disc brakes.

Rough Rider
By lcartwright

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I found that my Truck can take a lot of rough riding, but it tends to drive rocky on paved roads too. Its only fault is lack of balance, which can be expected from a high profile vehichle. Otherwise, I love it!

I love the ECT, Overdrive, and the under the seat compartments in the back of the cab. They are very handy for jumper cables etc.

Only improved balance.

Civil Engineer
By c. Hodges

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Truck is five years old and is in perfect condition, no dents or scratches. I use synthetic oil throughout ... with K&N filters. I have never had one thing go wrong with my Toyota Prerunner.

I have the V/6, 3400cc motor and average around 23 MPG. The best mileage that I ever got was 26.2 MPG.

N/A

Couldn't be much better
By Aaaaaron090

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is an excellent truck for daily driving, and has plenty more to offer for the adventuresome folks in the crowd. I use my truck to travel across the nation, and around town. I've only had to keep up with routine checkups, but no other notable problems... Highly Satisfied!

Very impressive 4x4 capabilities. Very responsive steering and handling for an offroad capable truck...

The V6 seems a little underpowered when in compromising mud or sand, and the horn screams like a European bird, it needs to match the truck...