2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Would recommend...
By JCF on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

...this truck to anyone. Bought mine in Oct 2000 and have 75k miles. Overall dependability is beyond reproach. Been tremendous fun and plan to keep it for some time ( don't care for the exterior changes on the 2001+ models).

Reliable workhorse
By Max the Happy Camper on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle has never left me stranded and that is what I expect when I buy Toyotas. Still holding together great, no rattles and this truck is used "like a truck". No problems pulling a 20' fiberglass boat and handles commuting chores with ease. Comfortable ride.

Top Quality Truck
By Toyotatrucker on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I haved owned several Toyota trucks over the years and all of them have been extremely realiable. This truck is no exception. After 70000 miles I haven't had one problem with the truck. I keep the oil changed and all the maintence performed and it treats me well. Also, the V6 power in this truck is sufficient for pulling my small fishing boat and equipment without a problem. Loads under a 1000 pounds are all you'll want to put in the truck, however.

happy not elated
By joe driver on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

This 2000 SR5 V6 x-cab has taken a beating! The reliability is fantastic! With 215k and climbing fast, it has never stranded me and has required only minimal maintainence and repairs. The power is terrific and mileage is 22-23 ave. I have had exactly 1 tuneup and it still runs beautifully. All that said the comfort level leaves a lot to be desired. It bucks like a bronco on bumpy LA roads, the cab gets fumes or exhaust smells frequently, and the rattles, squeeks and whistles are numerous. Being a professional driver(courier) the reliability and low maintainence outweighs the comfort problems and high sticker.

Things To Consider
By jwh on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 90,000 miles on my V6 prerunner. I have not had any major problems. I have a faint whistle when I excelarate and sometime when I let off the gas. My TRD stickers crack and peel. I also have a rattle in my dash. The truck is sporty and fun, it has plenty of power but there seems to be a some kind of timing problem with transmission towing a 2500lb boat including trailer and gear. It will jump out of overdrive. If I take it out of over drive on hwy it over revs the engine. The tires that came on truck are too big for it 31/10.5 the truck is not heavy enough to compress the tires to smooth them out.

Will never buy a Toyota/Lexus product
By Dissapointed on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck believing that it was superior to all others on the market, man was I ever wrong. My Toyota ownership has been nothing short of a nightmare! I have had a rattling dashboard, squeaking clutch pedal, leaking transmission--enough to have the truck in the shop over 16 documented times. Have been through two arbitrations with Toyota. Buy something else with Your hard earned money.

Toyota Truck
By Chantel on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I really liked this truck when i bought it. It was comfortable and easy to travel in. I even went on a rode trip across the USA with 3 of my friends.

Toyota Tacoma 2000
By jonnebony on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love our Tacoma this is the second one we have owned, out first Tacoma was a 1997 Tacoma Single Cab, EXCELLENT!! But sold it to upgrade to a newer and "bigger" one, well at least we needed the extended cab. But I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle, it runs and is a great looking TRUCK!!

Some Things to Consider
By famousface on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Seats got better in 2000 but not great. It handles well and predictible. The factory tires really suck in rain. I've had some transmission problems (pulsating in 1st gear) but other than that it has been solid. The mileage is about 20. I had a Subaru before this so it is different, but so far I enjoy it.

I love my Tacoma!
By KC-Mike on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've been driving my Tacoma around the Midwest for two years and have had ZERO problems. The look is great - adventurous and exciting.