2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Couldn't be much better
By Aaaaaron090 on 04/05/05 17:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is an excellent truck for daily driving, and has plenty more to offer for the adventuresome folks in the crowd. I use my truck to travel across the nation, and around town. I've only had to keep up with routine checkups, but no other notable problems... Highly Satisfied!

Great truck!
By MAC on 01/28/05 22:13 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great, dependable, easy to operate truck.Added supercharger, exaust,and totally TRDed out..down to the radiator cap.Topped off with PIAA lights, tow package, bed linner,and a custom stereo system..cant ask for much more...a nice looking vehicle, that has descent room for a small truck, has big engine torque, and sports car speed.. Wouldnt trade my truck for anything!

Fantastic Little Truck!!!!!!!!!!
By Matt on 01/25/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great truck! Kinda small, but I bought a standard cab so it's my fault anyway. 2.4L 4Cyl has as much power as most domestic V6 models (at least it feels that way). Get the stick shift, much more fun to drive and easy to shift. Light clutch. Gas mileage could be better but isn't worth griping over. 24mpg is the best you'll get. Has hauled a couple fairly heavy loads (well, heavy for a 4 cylinder!) quite well. Upgrade your headlamps with Sylvania Silverstars. I abuse mine and it doesn't care. Great little truck. Easy to work on (general stuff like plugs and wires, etc...). Highly recommended.

Great Truck
By Keith on 12/29/04 18:34 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the first Toyota I ahve owned. 4x4 V6 5spd that get 19.5 mpg and 21 on the highway. The ride is what you expect from 4wd - upgrade shocks asap. Interior is a little utilitarian - not much fluff, but gets the job done. Most reliable truck I have owned and I am 2nd owner. Get the v6 for any trailering - pulled 4900 trailer with draw tight no problem. I pull boat almost weekly with no problem

Great Truck
By Keith on 12/29/04 18:34 PM (PST)

Truck Perfection
By riz on 12/27/04 19:40 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck was by far the best automobile I ever had. The only time I had it in the garage was when I got my oil changed. No problems whatsoever and I beat the heck out of it. I went off roading somewhat often and drove through 20" snowstorms with ease. Gas mileage was not great, but it is a 4X4 truck. I reccomend this truck to anyone. It fits three with ease, and it good for long trips. Never should have traded it in an my mustang.

Good Dependable Truck
By kmbrandt on 11/16/04 09:27 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I would say that the truck is a little over priced for what it is, but this truck is very reliable, low maintanence, and a lot of fun for 4 wheeling in. It has great power when needed. Comfort was OK. The only problem we had was the passenger seat would not always lock in place, when I had to put the brakes on the seat would sometimes slide forward. Kinda scary... Overall good truck, nothing fancy.

my YOTA
By jeremy v on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

Love my YOTA!!!! Daily driver that seems to do it all..

My Tacoma
By Tango Falcon on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

TRD package adds serious horsepower to the truck and you can diffinitely fell it when the red light turns green. The power to weight ratio is not the greatest but for a day to day use it is diffinitely bangin.

Oh What A Not So Good Truck !
By ToyOfDallas on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Like others I bought this truck with high anticipations based on that Toyota reputation. Over 7 services trips concerning my squeaky clutch, suspension, and faulty paint. The passenger seat is uncomfortable and even it squeaks. I'm very disappointed. I love the body style and solid feel, but there isn't much else to brag about.