Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

It is a Toyota, all you need to know
By BobWegotababyitsaboy

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It took me over 6 months to find my truck. I think it was the manual transmission that made it hard. It is MUCH more comfortable than a Silverado, especially the new body style. It has 5 less HP than the 4.3L V6 in the Silverado and S10. I haven't had any real problems. The gas mileage could be better, but I have a lead foot, so I can't complain. I didn't buy the truck for rear seat comfort, I rarely sit back there. It would have been nice to have more than 4 places to strap stuff down in the bed. I bought the Toyota name, and I will do it again.

I have almost all of the options, I have an aftermarket bedliner, tool box, trailer hitch, and cd player.

It is a pain to remove the oil filter, but I have changed worse. Noises in the cab. Why an optional clock? The cup holders are weird. Power mirrors. Locking glovebox. Locking jack and tool compartments, it is big enough to put valuables in. Sliding sunshade for the moonroof, so it doesn't get lost.

Great Truck
By Nate Bro

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck 20.6 MPG regular 22 MPG super 100,000 miles, replaced battery,and front brake pads, thats all. I use Mobil 1. Highly recommended truck, I have installed a K+N 77 series intake, and throttle body spacer, truck has stock size tires 31"

clutch start cancel

K+N 77 series intake

Love my Truck!
By ABerge

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this vehicle a few months ago. Although it had high mileage, I have had few problems with her. She is reliable and dependable! I have a job that takes me out dirt roads, long interstate commutes, and she buzzes along like its nothing. Very tough, and very cute!

Looks, extended cab, cassette as well as CD player, engine runs flawlessly even with high mileage.

Cruise control not responsive sometimes. But I hardly use it anyways.

I love my truck
By Jordan

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This little truck is a beast, and more reliable than you can imagine. I bought it with 30k miles and have put 80k on it since. I have driven it all over Oregon and put it through its paces. I have taken it off road, put hours of stop and go traffic on the engine and loaded the bed with concrete and dirt with only one problem. The thermostat went out on a three hour trip to the coast. After I fixed the problem the truck has recovered just fine and has gotten the job done every time. It has 110k miles on it and the only thing I have ever had to do is change the lubricants, tires, and thermostat. Reliable. 18mpg winter/21 mpg city.

Its a damn sexy truck. Made for the urban outdoor enthusiast. 4WD works awesomely. Tacoma is built like a truck should be. Handles well, drives even better.

Cab space is moderately small. I am 5'9 and it fits me just fine, but anyone that drives it who is much bigger is usually a little cramped.

2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD Extended Cab
By dh

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the 2nd toyota truck I've bought. Mechanicals in this truck are far better than my 1988, but interior materials are too cheap. Driver arm rest falling apart, various plastic parts are breaking. Driver seat is built for 5'8" and I'm 6'2".

Has always gone places where the big trucks couldn't. TRD awesome.

Not much. Wish Toyota would build current trucks to stand up like this one. Needs more power.