2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Got a LEMON??
By Curtis on 10/27/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought a 2000 Toyota Tacoma with 54,000 miles ended up paying 14,000 dollars then later multiple misfires and low compression ratio. So I talked to someone who has the same year make and model. The same thing happened to him, multiple misfires and low compression ratio and it was bought from the same dealership. I am waiting two weeks so far, for them to call me back.

Best compact truck ever
By dannybayless on 10/26/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've owned several compact trucks and this is by far the best all around. The 2.7 pulls the rather heavy truck very well even with the 33" tires on 18" heavy rims I've put on. The motor has potential to have much more power with a few minor adjustments, which I have done and am very pleased with. This truck has done all that's been requested of it while getting competitive gas mileage (19-23). I've pulled over 10,000 pounds long distances over rugged terrain with ease, climbed the Smokey mountains, and taken 1000 mile trips with only the extremely uncomfortable interior to complain about. Other than uncomfortable ride, it beat expectations by far. I look forward to the next generation.

I love my truck
By Jordan on 01/04/08 20:11 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This little truck is a beast, and more reliable than you can imagine. I bought it with 30k miles and have put 80k on it since. I have driven it all over Oregon and put it through its paces. I have taken it off road, put hours of stop and go traffic on the engine and loaded the bed with concrete and dirt with only one problem. The thermostat went out on a three hour trip to the coast. After I fixed the problem the truck has recovered just fine and has gotten the job done every time. It has 110k miles on it and the only thing I have ever had to do is change the lubricants, tires, and thermostat. Reliable. 18mpg winter/21 mpg city.

Nice Truck
By William on 08/23/07 14:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been one of the most dependable, reliable and maintenance free vehicles I have ever owned. All I have done is new tires and new battery. Toyota dependable!!

Basic Truck
By Bill on 09/22/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great little truck;dependable, not fancy but will get you there every time.

Little Red Truck
By ColSpieth on 07/17/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been a very good truck for me. I plan to keep it to 100,000 miles if possible or 2010 which ever comes first. No repair problems except for tires.

Great value
By Nick George on 06/03/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

This vehicle has almost 100,000 miles on it and it runs almost like new. It's a truck; rides and sounds like one, but is mechanically superior to anything I've ever owned with this many miles on it. Gas mileage is good at around 18 around town and 23 on the road.

Can't beat a Toyota
By Jazbone on 01/09/06 16:44 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a follow up to my original posting after I purchased my Tacoma 4WD. I haven't had any major problems with this truck. The only problem was my aux trans shifter popped out of position when taking out of 4WD at 45 mph. It was an easy fix as the retainer clip had loosened out of its clip holder. It was put back in and I haven't had any problems with it since. Gas mileage has been as high as 24.7 and I average 19.5-21 mpg traveling the I-5 corridor through the Cascade mt range of Northern California. The comfort is still a problem over aggressive expansion joints or the rutty freeways of the entire Bay Area region! This truck has been great to me and I will trade up for a new one soon!!

Fantastic Little Truck!!!!!!!!!!
By Matt on 01/25/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great truck! Kinda small, but I bought a standard cab so it's my fault anyway. 2.4L 4Cyl has as much power as most domestic V6 models (at least it feels that way). Get the stick shift, much more fun to drive and easy to shift. Light clutch. Gas mileage could be better but isn't worth griping over. 24mpg is the best you'll get. Has hauled a couple fairly heavy loads (well, heavy for a 4 cylinder!) quite well. Upgrade your headlamps with Sylvania Silverstars. I abuse mine and it doesn't care. Great little truck. Easy to work on (general stuff like plugs and wires, etc...). Highly recommended.

my YOTA
By jeremy v on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

Love my YOTA!!!! Daily driver that seems to do it all..