Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

beware of any tacomas
By jeff hill

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

tacoma trucks have a long history of the frames rusting to the point of major problems
toyota has done very little to fix this mine just bent while mechanic had on lift to inspect
for odd noise I was having.

Love my Taco
By Jeffery May

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought a 2000 per runner in 2001 with 25k miles on it. Now I have 238200 Mrs and it is still going strong. I have replaced brakes, battery and tires, kept the oil changed every 5k miles.

Amazing
By mudrunner23

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been in my wife's family since 2002 and it has been amazing. Other than routine oil changes, tune ups, brakes and a battery last year this truck has never needed a repair. That is amazing even for a Toyota. It now has 162k on it and shows no signs of slowing down. The gas mileage is great for a truck that looks as mean as it does, 19-21 city and 22-24 highway. It is user friendly and fun to drive. It still regular gets compliments and people asking me to sell it to them.

Amazing reliability, tight handling, gas mileage, good acceleration, looks. TRD Package.

My only complaint would be that the seats could use some more lumbar support for long trips.

Running Strong after 10 Yrs and Counting
By JH

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my PreRunner July 2000 with 5 miles. Now at 136,500 it's still 100% dependable. I take it everywhere...work, hunting, ATV carrier, wood hauling. You name it and it's always there for me. Outside of the normal maintenance (brakes, fluids, tires, etc) no problem what so ever. I've been running Toyo's on it since 2007 and I wish I would have made that switch 7 years prior. Simply a great vehicle. I don't think my teenager is going to get this truck. I'll get him something else. ;-)

Power Windows Power Locks Jump seats Exterior appearance is bold! Cab set up is awesome!

A larger gas tank (maybe 20 gals).

Almost still original after 152,000
By GB

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Toyota Tacoma with 40,000 miles on it. 7 years later I now have 152,000 miles on it. Other than routine items such as brakes, tires, batteries, air filters. Everything is still original. I did have to replace the o2 sensor at 102,000 miles. Great truck, my kids will be still driving it 10 years from now.

I love the body style and reliability.

I wish I would have gotten the V6 and a 4X4, for camping reasons.