Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Amazing
By mudrunner23

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been in my wife's family since 2002 and it has been amazing. Other than routine oil changes, tune ups, brakes and a battery last year this truck has never needed a repair. That is amazing even for a Toyota. It now has 162k on it and shows no signs of slowing down. The gas mileage is great for a truck that looks as mean as it does, 19-21 city and 22-24 highway. It is user friendly and fun to drive. It still regular gets compliments and people asking me to sell it to them.

Amazing reliability, tight handling, gas mileage, good acceleration, looks. TRD Package.

My only complaint would be that the seats could use some more lumbar support for long trips.

Running Strong after 10 Yrs and Counting
By JH

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my PreRunner July 2000 with 5 miles. Now at 136,500 it's still 100% dependable. I take it everywhere...work, hunting, ATV carrier, wood hauling. You name it and it's always there for me. Outside of the normal maintenance (brakes, fluids, tires, etc) no problem what so ever. I've been running Toyo's on it since 2007 and I wish I would have made that switch 7 years prior. Simply a great vehicle. I don't think my teenager is going to get this truck. I'll get him something else. ;-)

Power Windows Power Locks Jump seats Exterior appearance is bold! Cab set up is awesome!

A larger gas tank (maybe 20 gals).

Almost still original after 152,000
By GB

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Toyota Tacoma with 40,000 miles on it. 7 years later I now have 152,000 miles on it. Other than routine items such as brakes, tires, batteries, air filters. Everything is still original. I did have to replace the o2 sensor at 102,000 miles. Great truck, my kids will be still driving it 10 years from now.

I love the body style and reliability.

I wish I would have gotten the V6 and a 4X4, for camping reasons.

The Sweetest Little Truck in the World.
By Ramona L. Duffy

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

How do I love thee, let me count the ways. :) I have loved it from the moment I saw it and I have never seen another truck that I would rather have. Even the later models of the same truck, I find wanting, style-wise. I didn't like the wide edging over the tires on the later models. Of course I own it now and my mileage is low and it is still adorable! It has never been one moment's trouble. I am only five foot tall and the perfectly placed handles over the door make it snap to get in. I am 70 years old, by the way, and feel like a young chickie when I drive it. I have the bed liner and haul all sorts of stuff in it. I would buy it again. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

The styling of the body. The perfectly placed handles. It is comfortable and long drives are not a problem. It totally reliable and I have never had one minutes trouble with it. Plenty of room. Perfect!

The only thing I would want is maybe a running board, but I can buy that if I want. How can you improve on perfect? I would buy my truck all over again.

Solid truck
By icyhotstunna87

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

ive always liked toyotas because of their quality, and this truck has continued my trust in toyota with its reliability, comfort, and quality!

reliability

design, but the newer models have improved-