Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

190K and still running great
By clloyd

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup used and have put 160K on it. I've replaced the U joints- the only thing ever done over routine maintenance. I live in the country, lots of hauling and dirt roads. I love this truck and will never be without a Toyota!

Love my new used Tacoma!
By Sammi

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I live in Mexico, bought the truck in Tijuana, then gave it the ultimate test drive down Baja. Got about 24 mpg and never felt a need for more power than the 4 cylinders (5 sp. standard) delivered. Enjoyed getting to know the truck, love all the little comforts (sliding dual cup holder, snack rack in the back, nice little stereo etc.). Has sprayed in bed liner, sliding rear windows and other nice touches.

Comfortable interior, bucket seats comfy even after drive down Baja. Good stereo, center compartment between seats perfect for CD storage. Lots of nice touches, cup holders etc. Sensible location of switches and controls.

Lots of folks dislike the location of the clock... a small thing, but could be easier to read. Learning to trust the mirrors for side/rear view - total blind spots within the cab. Will anyone ever invent comfortable seat belts?

Best truck I have ever owned
By James

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the third Toyota I have owned. 89 Corolla, 89 pickup, then this one. All I have had to replace on it in the last 60,000 miles has been oil/filters and tires. It gets great mileage as long as you don't drive too hard (hah, right, NOT drive hard) around 25 mpg. The braking could be better. All in all this truck has been good to me.

Dash clock, armrest, hydraulic clutch, all the controls are in the right spot, reclining seats.

None

Rough Rider
By lcartwright

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I found that my Truck can take a lot of rough riding, but it tends to drive rocky on paved roads too. Its only fault is lack of balance, which can be expected from a high profile vehichle. Otherwise, I love it!

I love the ECT, Overdrive, and the under the seat compartments in the back of the cab. They are very handy for jumper cables etc.

Only improved balance.

Best yet
By marvinikatz@att.net

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I drive alot, like 40,000 a year. I've had no major or minor problems what so ever. Gas mileage could be better. I bought the truck in N.M. and at high altitude, got 28-31 mpg. At sea level, mileage dropped to 19-21, or about 100 miles per tank of gas, which is 15 gals. I'd buy another one.

Radio, am/fm, cass., cd. it's all there. It would be nice to be able to record off the radio.

look above