2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Amazing
By mudrunner23 on 05/17/11 16:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been in my wife's family since 2002 and it has been amazing. Other than routine oil changes, tune ups, brakes and a battery last year this truck has never needed a repair. That is amazing even for a Toyota. It now has 162k on it and shows no signs of slowing down. The gas mileage is great for a truck that looks as mean as it does, 19-21 city and 22-24 highway. It is user friendly and fun to drive. It still regular gets compliments and people asking me to sell it to them.

Not One Complaint!
By srogers50 on 02/27/10 07:31 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought used in 2005 w/72000 miles, now has 141000, i had both a Chevy and gmc light truck, both were junk compared to my Toyota. Waterpump only thing I've had to replace, did myself saved $600, Extremely reliable, love the ride, cause it rides like a truck. Regular maintenance done and it still runs like the day i bought it. Only problem i wish it had 4wd, other than that i will keep this truck until they tell me that there is literally nothing you can do to fix it. there is nothing i haven't been able to do with this truck.

Running Strong after 10 Yrs and Counting
By JH on 02/08/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my PreRunner July 2000 with 5 miles. Now at 136,500 it's still 100% dependable. I take it everywhere...work, hunting, ATV carrier, wood hauling. You name it and it's always there for me. Outside of the normal maintenance (brakes, fluids, tires, etc) no problem what so ever. I've been running Toyo's on it since 2007 and I wish I would have made that switch 7 years prior. Simply a great vehicle. I don't think my teenager is going to get this truck. I'll get him something else. ;-)

Almost still original after 152,000
By GB on 12/14/09 07:50 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Toyota Tacoma with 40,000 miles on it. 7 years later I now have 152,000 miles on it. Other than routine items such as brakes, tires, batteries, air filters. Everything is still original. I did have to replace the o2 sensor at 102,000 miles. Great truck, my kids will be still driving it 10 years from now.

Great Truck
By JG1968 on 11/11/09 14:58 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Extremely reliable truck. Also, the truck is the most sure footed vehicle I have ever driven in the snow. The looks of the truck from the outside are classy and from the inside simple and straight forward. The stock seats are torture devices. Also, the cup holders are poor.

Pound for Pound; Best Truck in the World
By AlexJV on 07/31/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought it as a Certified Vehicle with about 46K miles on it. The Certified Power Train warranty and Roadside Assistance Program for 7Yrs/100,000 was an influential factor. The ability to purchase a Matching Extended Service Plan for less than on a new one was the clincher. Only problems were the Bushings in the Rack, and Clutch Master Cylinder; both covered by the Extended Service Plan. New front brakes about 9 months ago. Haven't changed the rear brakes or shocks, and I take it Off-Road! This truck is just about Bullet-Proof and I will likely drive it to 400K+!

190K and still running great
By clloyd on 06/24/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup used and have put 160K on it. I've replaced the U joints- the only thing ever done over routine maintenance. I live in the country, lots of hauling and dirt roads. I love this truck and will never be without a Toyota!

It is a Toyota, all you need to know
By BobWegotababyitsaboy on 10/06/08 00:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It took me over 6 months to find my truck. I think it was the manual transmission that made it hard. It is MUCH more comfortable than a Silverado, especially the new body style. It has 5 less HP than the 4.3L V6 in the Silverado and S10. I haven't had any real problems. The gas mileage could be better, but I have a lead foot, so I can't complain. I didn't buy the truck for rear seat comfort, I rarely sit back there. It would have been nice to have more than 4 places to strap stuff down in the bed. I bought the Toyota name, and I will do it again.

Great Truck
By Nate Bro on 09/17/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck 20.6 MPG regular 22 MPG super 100,000 miles, replaced battery,and front brake pads, thats all. I use Mobil 1. Highly recommended truck, I have installed a K+N 77 series intake, and throttle body spacer, truck has stock size tires 31"

Love my Truck!
By ABerge on 03/20/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this vehicle a few months ago. Although it had high mileage, I have had few problems with her. She is reliable and dependable! I have a job that takes me out dirt roads, long interstate commutes, and she buzzes along like its nothing. Very tough, and very cute!