Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

beware of any tacomas
By jeff hill

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

tacoma trucks have a long history of the frames rusting to the point of major problems
toyota has done very little to fix this mine just bent while mechanic had on lift to inspect
for odd noise I was having.

Love my Taco
By Jeffery May

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought a 2000 per runner in 2001 with 25k miles on it. Now I have 238200 Mrs and it is still going strong. I have replaced brakes, battery and tires, kept the oil changed every 5k miles.

Toyota for life.
By Nancy Loureiro

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

We owned a GMC and within a few years of its life, quite a few things were already breaking. I purchased my 2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd back in 2000 and it is still going strong in 2015. Other than some normal paint oxidization, I have no complaints. The only expensive maintenance we had done was replacing the catalytic converters and timing belt work but that was nothing compared to its years of service. This car has cost us so little money in its lifetime.

Amazing
By mudrunner23

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been in my wife's family since 2002 and it has been amazing. Other than routine oil changes, tune ups, brakes and a battery last year this truck has never needed a repair. That is amazing even for a Toyota. It now has 162k on it and shows no signs of slowing down. The gas mileage is great for a truck that looks as mean as it does, 19-21 city and 22-24 highway. It is user friendly and fun to drive. It still regular gets compliments and people asking me to sell it to them.

Amazing reliability, tight handling, gas mileage, good acceleration, looks. TRD Package.

My only complaint would be that the seats could use some more lumbar support for long trips.

Not One Complaint!
By srogers50

2000 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought used in 2005 w/72000 miles, now has 141000, i had both a Chevy and gmc light truck, both were junk compared to my Toyota. Waterpump only thing I've had to replace, did myself saved $600, Extremely reliable, love the ride, cause it rides like a truck. Regular maintenance done and it still runs like the day i bought it. Only problem i wish it had 4wd, other than that i will keep this truck until they tell me that there is literally nothing you can do to fix it. there is nothing i haven't been able to do with this truck.

Ease of working on engine myself, TRD package, love the load and towing capacity,

4 disc brakes and ABS