2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Little Red Truck
By ColSpieth on 07/17/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been a very good truck for me. I plan to keep it to 100,000 miles if possible or 2010 which ever comes first. No repair problems except for tires.

Fantastic Little Truck!!!!!!!!!!
By Matt on 01/25/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Great truck! Kinda small, but I bought a standard cab so it's my fault anyway. 2.4L 4Cyl has as much power as most domestic V6 models (at least it feels that way). Get the stick shift, much more fun to drive and easy to shift. Light clutch. Gas mileage could be better but isn't worth griping over. 24mpg is the best you'll get. Has hauled a couple fairly heavy loads (well, heavy for a 4 cylinder!) quite well. Upgrade your headlamps with Sylvania Silverstars. I abuse mine and it doesn't care. Great little truck. Easy to work on (general stuff like plugs and wires, etc...). Highly recommended.

Pleased with my purchase.
By Silkey on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased this Toyota a few months ago. I like everything about it except the comfort of the seat. I'm older now than I was when I owned my last Toyota pickup. I didn't mind the seat then. It could use a little more padding. Truck runs great and I anticipate it will for years.

Like a Rock
By uknowwhoibe on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought mine in 2000. Has 30,000 miles on it. Souped it up with euro-tails, new grill, custom paint job, rims etc. No problems thus far.

Longing for LONG BED!!!!
By RAD131 on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

I Paid $6100.00 cash in the fall of 1985 for a '86 standard LONG BED Toyota pick-up. Toyota stopped making the long bed over 10 years age. I wish they would bring back the awesome standard cab long bed. I'm still drive my '86 truck with 213k and going strong. I'll buy a new toyota if they'll make it a long-bed!!!!

Where's the bumper?
By KBI on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Both this pickup and my Civic 2000 don't have real bumpers. Maybe this is the way they make them today. It will cost you if you his something. The transmission and clutch (std 5 spd), is the worst of any vehicle I've driven of models built since the 1950s. I have to shift carefully to get anywhere near a smooth shift. By the way, I was raised on a farm and *know* how to shift. The pickup gets good mileage and the engine runs well and supplies all the power I need.

Excellent Truck
By Mitchal on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have already put over 65,000 miles on this truck and have not had any problems with it. I had a rattle in the dash, took it in for an oil change and told the dealership about it and it was repaired free of charge. I must also say that I have owned two other Toyota trucks and had excellent service from both of them. I have also always received great service from the dealerships that have worked on them.