2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Not One Complaint!
By srogers50 on 02/27/10 07:31 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought used in 2005 w/72000 miles, now has 141000, i had both a Chevy and gmc light truck, both were junk compared to my Toyota. Waterpump only thing I've had to replace, did myself saved $600, Extremely reliable, love the ride, cause it rides like a truck. Regular maintenance done and it still runs like the day i bought it. Only problem i wish it had 4wd, other than that i will keep this truck until they tell me that there is literally nothing you can do to fix it. there is nothing i haven't been able to do with this truck.

Love my Truck!
By ABerge on 03/20/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this vehicle a few months ago. Although it had high mileage, I have had few problems with her. She is reliable and dependable! I have a job that takes me out dirt roads, long interstate commutes, and she buzzes along like its nothing. Very tough, and very cute!

A Great Truck.
By fdm on 07/12/07 20:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent reliable vehicle. Would buy again.

Civil Engineer
By c. Hodges on 09/07/05 15:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Truck is five years old and is in perfect condition, no dents or scratches. I use synthetic oil throughout ... with K&N filters. I have never had one thing go wrong with my Toyota Prerunner.

2000 toyota tacoma prerunner v6
By p520 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

some mechanical breakdowns but very minor that were covered under ther warnty.

Things To Consider
By jwh on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 90,000 miles on my V6 prerunner. I have not had any major problems. I have a faint whistle when I excelarate and sometime when I let off the gas. My TRD stickers crack and peel. I also have a rattle in my dash. The truck is sporty and fun, it has plenty of power but there seems to be a some kind of timing problem with transmission towing a 2500lb boat including trailer and gear. It will jump out of overdrive. If I take it out of over drive on hwy it over revs the engine. The tires that came on truck are too big for it 31/10.5 the truck is not heavy enough to compress the tires to smooth them out.

This Truck Is Awesome!
By David Habermehl on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my Toyota PreRunner! This truck has the off road capabilities of any 4x4, but without the maintenance of 4wd. The 190 hp V6 is gutsy and pulls my boat with no problems and the automatic tranny shifts smooth through all gears. The bed carries both my bikes and any equipment I need for camping. Extended cab is a must and can really fit 4 passengers for short trips.