2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Amazing
By mudrunner23 on 05/17/11 16:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been in my wife's family since 2002 and it has been amazing. Other than routine oil changes, tune ups, brakes and a battery last year this truck has never needed a repair. That is amazing even for a Toyota. It now has 162k on it and shows no signs of slowing down. The gas mileage is great for a truck that looks as mean as it does, 19-21 city and 22-24 highway. It is user friendly and fun to drive. It still regular gets compliments and people asking me to sell it to them.

Running Strong after 10 Yrs and Counting
By JH on 02/08/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my PreRunner July 2000 with 5 miles. Now at 136,500 it's still 100% dependable. I take it everywhere...work, hunting, ATV carrier, wood hauling. You name it and it's always there for me. Outside of the normal maintenance (brakes, fluids, tires, etc) no problem what so ever. I've been running Toyo's on it since 2007 and I wish I would have made that switch 7 years prior. Simply a great vehicle. I don't think my teenager is going to get this truck. I'll get him something else. ;-)

Almost still original after 152,000
By GB on 12/14/09 07:50 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Toyota Tacoma with 40,000 miles on it. 7 years later I now have 152,000 miles on it. Other than routine items such as brakes, tires, batteries, air filters. Everything is still original. I did have to replace the o2 sensor at 102,000 miles. Great truck, my kids will be still driving it 10 years from now.

The Sweetest Little Truck in the World.
By Ramona L. Duffy on 08/07/06 09:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

How do I love thee, let me count the ways. :) I have loved it from the moment I saw it and I have never seen another truck that I would rather have. Even the later models of the same truck, I find wanting, style-wise. I didn't like the wide edging over the tires on the later models. Of course I own it now and my mileage is low and it is still adorable! It has never been one moment's trouble. I am only five foot tall and the perfectly placed handles over the door make it snap to get in. I am 70 years old, by the way, and feel like a young chickie when I drive it. I have the bed liner and haul all sorts of stuff in it. I would buy it again. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Solid truck
By icyhotstunna87 on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

ive always liked toyotas because of their quality, and this truck has continued my trust in toyota with its reliability, comfort, and quality!

'bout Time
By tireman on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Overall great truck. My 4Cyl is good for 20 MPG, little low maybe? You decide. Great for daily commutes, weekend trips to home improvement stores and getting out to the great outdoors. Somewhat lack luster inside, but what can you expect. It is a TRUCK. Solid engineering relates to great overall drive experience. Well priced, dependable, flexible transportation. Great bang for the buck.

Rolling-On
By mr.podater on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my Pre-Runner XCab July 2000 having a growing family, needed the room but gas was an issue. I chose the 2.7L 4 over the 6 for that reason. To date and 26,000 miles later, I haven't second guessed my decision. It has the necessary power from stock once broken in to merge into the highway and pass cars. I don't advise riding at 80mph++ but it does that and a bit more. Cabin noise is acceptable at higher speeds. Use the power button when towing for faster shifts and improved power. Overall, I love my truck!! Wouldn't be caught driving anything else.

Nothing but trouble
By Big Allen on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Had nothing but trouble. Went back to dealership 3 times. Looking at lemon law now.