Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Reliable workhorse
By Max the Happy Camper

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle has never left me stranded and that is what I expect when I buy Toyotas. Still holding together great, no rattles and this truck is used "like a truck". No problems pulling a 20' fiberglass boat and handles commuting chores with ease. Comfortable ride.

RELIABILITY!!!!

None!!!

Top Quality Truck
By Toyotatrucker

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I haved owned several Toyota trucks over the years and all of them have been extremely realiable. This truck is no exception. After 70000 miles I haven't had one problem with the truck. I keep the oil changed and all the maintence performed and it treats me well. Also, the V6 power in this truck is sufficient for pulling my small fishing boat and equipment without a problem. Loads under a 1000 pounds are all you'll want to put in the truck, however.

Great reliability and performance. V6 power for this size truck.

Seats could be a little more comfortable for longer road trips.

happy not elated
By joe driver

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

This 2000 SR5 V6 x-cab has taken a beating! The reliability is fantastic! With 215k and climbing fast, it has never stranded me and has required only minimal maintainence and repairs. The power is terrific and mileage is 22-23 ave. I have had exactly 1 tuneup and it still runs beautifully. All that said the comfort level leaves a lot to be desired. It bucks like a bronco on bumpy LA roads, the cab gets fumes or exhaust smells frequently, and the rattles, squeeks and whistles are numerous. Being a professional driver(courier) the reliability and low maintainence outweighs the comfort problems and high sticker.

Reliability of course! I love the power of the V6 engine and the smooth shifting auto transission still shifts like new. A couple tips: change your oil every 3000(Castrol 5/30 is my rec) and flush (power flush, not drain) your transmission every 30000 and this vehicle will last!

Better ride and better workmanship on the interiors is needed to remove annoying rattles and squeeks. The problem with smells(fumes) getting into the cab should be addressed as well. I have had 3 Tacoma's and they all had this problem after the first year or two.

Very Happy
By Jim Flores

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had my Tacoma 4X4 for 1 and a half years and regard buying it as the best auto purchase I have yet made. It's been perfectly reliable and fun to drive. It's become routine for strangers to ask me how I like it and express their interest in buying one. The only drawbacks are driving in high wind, not too bad though, and the drivers seat/ console could be improved.

Power, ride, looks, 4X4 is easy and fun.

Driver seat/ console.