Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

beware of any tacomas
By jeff hill

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

tacoma trucks have a long history of the frames rusting to the point of major problems
toyota has done very little to fix this mine just bent while mechanic had on lift to inspect
for odd noise I was having.

Love my Taco
By Jeffery May

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought a 2000 per runner in 2001 with 25k miles on it. Now I have 238200 Mrs and it is still going strong. I have replaced brakes, battery and tires, kept the oil changed every 5k miles.

Toyota for life.
By Nancy Loureiro

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

We owned a GMC and within a few years of its life, quite a few things were already breaking. I purchased my 2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd back in 2000 and it is still going strong in 2015. Other than some normal paint oxidization, I have no complaints. The only expensive maintenance we had done was replacing the catalytic converters and timing belt work but that was nothing compared to its years of service. This car has cost us so little money in its lifetime.

Reliable Small Truck
By isotope200mev

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this vehicle new in 2000. 15 years later I only have 119,700 miles on the vehicle and plan to drive it for at least another 100,000 miles. Very reliable, performs well in mud and snow, high clearance....good overall off-road vehicle. Just replaced the front and rear struts/shocks (original equipment lasted close to 120K miles, not bad!). In addition to routine preventive maintenance, I have replaced the tires 2x and the battery 3x. I have been tracking my fuel economy since I purchased the vehicle and have received a 15 year average of 21.43 mpg. Interior space is lacking (did not purchase the extended cab), however, I did put a camper shell on the bed. This is a sharp looking small truck and is fun to drive. Toyota reliability is outstanding!

Update: 04/16/2016.....I now have 123,000 miles on my truck and no problems. It is amazing how many people want to buy this pickup truck from me. I make sure that I take the truck to my local Toyota dealer for maintenance at the recommended intervals. The new 2016 Tacoma trucks are nice, however, mine still has a lot of life in it so I will probably pass on getting a new vehicle. Maybe after 20 years.........

love my 2000 Tacoma 4cyl, 4WD, manual trans.
By p8ryot

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought my 2000 Tacoma in 03 with 32K miles on it. It brought instant satisfaction from bumper to bumper. I've never had a vehicle that I found so fun to drive in city and highway alike. I now have about 175K miles. I had the water pump replaced 2 years back and a few bearings too, but otherwise it's been maintenance free.
Now it's time to pass it onto my driving age son and I will buy a newer Tacoma very soon. It's been a problem free, well built, fun to drive and fairly good mpg. I get around 320miles per tank in 2WD and about 290 in 4 WD. I'm gonna miss her but it's comforting knowing my son will be off to college in a reliable and fun truck.

The 4WD has provided years of great traction, stability, and handling. The reliability and build has also been excellent over the years.