Still Goin' Strong
By Taco Lover on
1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
SR5 V-6 5 spd 4WD EX Cab - I cannot tell you how much I still love this vehicle. I cannot think about buying a new one. Oil, front brakes, water pump, battery and timing belt is all it has new in 105k. Still get 20.5-21 mpg overall. Best mileage has been 23 but that was puttin' at 65. Taco is easy to work on and it has never left me stranded. I have done things and gone places in this vehicle that I thought were impossible. I keep maintaining it and it keeps me down the road. I bought used w/ 32k but I wish I bought new so that I would have owned it for longer. There really is no telling how long this baby will last. It still looks and drives too good to buy new.
Favorite Features
I love the versatility - 4wd, rear cubby holes in xcab, overall exterior stance and height. I really like knowing that when my wife drives this vehicle (that is rare) she will get home safely because it will not leave her on the side of the road. I can take this thing anywhere and not get stuck.
Suggested Improvements
I know that this is a 99 but the interior is rather utilitarian. The rear leafsprings seem to want to bottom out when loaded with 500-600 pounds - new shocks did help some. That is my only complaint and they are minor! You cannot go wrong with this vehicle. Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance!!