1999 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Still Goin' Strong

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Still Goin' Strong
By Taco Lover on

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

SR5 V-6 5 spd 4WD EX Cab - I cannot tell you how much I still love this vehicle. I cannot think about buying a new one. Oil, front brakes, water pump, battery and timing belt is all it has new in 105k. Still get 20.5-21 mpg overall. Best mileage has been 23 but that was puttin' at 65. Taco is easy to work on and it has never left me stranded. I have done things and gone places in this vehicle that I thought were impossible. I keep maintaining it and it keeps me down the road. I bought used w/ 32k but I wish I bought new so that I would have owned it for longer. There really is no telling how long this baby will last. It still looks and drives too good to buy new.

I love the versatility - 4wd, rear cubby holes in xcab, overall exterior stance and height. I really like knowing that when my wife drives this vehicle (that is rare) she will get home safely because it will not leave her on the side of the road. I can take this thing anywhere and not get stuck.

I know that this is a 99 but the interior is rather utilitarian. The rear leafsprings seem to want to bottom out when loaded with 500-600 pounds - new shocks did help some. That is my only complaint and they are minor! You cannot go wrong with this vehicle. Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review