1999 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: My Little Trooper

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Review

My Little Trooper
By TacoScott on

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is easily the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I have the base 4WD model with the 2.7 and few frills. I got it in 2001 with 40k miles. I'm a homeowner with the more than occasional need to haul stuff around and the every day need of getting back and forth to work through the occasional snow storm. It has fulfilled all of my expectations with no major repairs until about 131k miles when the clutch went bad. Still has the factory brakes and exhaust but looks like a little body rust will need tending to shortly. Not bad considering it hasn't seen a single day inside a garage since I've had it.

4WD - with decent tires I think it'll get me through anything. Easy to do most routine maintenance. Did I forget to mention reliability?

Hey I know it's a 99 but an average fuel economy of 20 mpg? I drive too conservatively and maintain this thing too well to be filling it up more often than my neighbor's S10 that I think he got from Sanford & Son.