1999 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: My Yoda may last forever

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Review

My Yoda may last forever
By NAgreenComa on

1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought yoda new in 1999. Aside from a major accident in 2007 ($16,000 in repairs), all I have done is routine maintenance and I am at 135,000 mi. Regular oil changes at every 5k and new breaks at 90k. I don't have a 4x4, but I take it muddin sometimes, and it makes we work hard to get it stuck (using the winch is half the fun). Aside from its stunning good looks and how fun it is to drive, it is extremely reliable. It always starts on the first turn, even in the cold.

It's tuff, perdy, fun to drive, and an all around dependable ride. I do plan on keeping this for as long as it runs. If I do decide to get another vehicle as some point, kid friendly or what have you, yoda will still be part of the family :)

My only complaint is how light the back end is. If there is a light dew on the ground in the morning, it's easy to fish tail. You can always get a heavier bumper put on though, which I've been meaning to do for the past 9ish years. But seriously, who doesn't love a good fish tail now and then?