1999 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: A Great truck to own, wish I c

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Review

A Great truck to own, wish I could buy another.
By wolfnium on

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new in 1999. I ran 2 crank cases of 10w-30 Castrol regular motor oil. After that, I have used 10w-30 Castrol synthetic motor oil ever since. I change oil about every 5000 miles. I have had to replace the electronics to repair a left turn signal issue that cost about $500.00. I have had to replace the power steering pump, twice as the first one was a rebuild and under warranty. I have had to replace the battery once and also the catalytic convert (about $1000.00). I still have the original clutch and have replaced the front brakes and rotors one time. My truck now has 456,5000+ miles on it. I would drive it to across the US with no worries. It has been a great truck.

the door pockets and the center console. Intermittent wipers. I like the way the gas cap is secured with a door lock using the ignition key.

the switch for the AC is plastic and needs to be better made so it does not break.