1999 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Like a Rock!
By GWHunter on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Vrreeeeep!!! That's the sound it makes with a supercharger!! Truck is a blast to drive. I had to retard the timing a little for the supercharger (TRD says you don't need to, but you do to avoid pinging). Anyway, the truck has more punch than anything I've driven. I can outrun any truck on the road and still maintain better average gas mileage. I've put 17000 miles on it since I bought it and I have no complaints. GET ONE!!!! Supercharge it!!

Your Best Bet
By Mike H on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Yes, it does cost a little more but it is worth every penny. This truck has not let me down in any way. From build quality to MPG it is a winner. My father has an S-10 that was purchased at the same time in 1999 and his has been in the shop 5 times. My Taco has only seen the inside of a shop for routine maintenance. By the way, get the TRD package if you can find it. Better ride, better off-road, more options.

Excellent Truck!!!!
By J Diddy on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my second tacoma, and I have to say it is the absolute best truck on hte road. It is by far the best looking truck, but it also accelerates like no other.(later) Have had one problem. the power window died one day. It was fixed the next. Forever Tacoma owner!

1999 TRD
By Icepuck72 on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Excellent Toyota Quality. My truck has over 95k miles on it and has never seen the shop. I am still on the original clutch.

Excellent
By kevinae102 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

BUY IT !!!!. This is the best vehicle that I have ever owned. I absolutely recommend this truck to anyone.

I love this truck!
By donewithford on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Just got out of a lemon Focus (read donewithford) review for 2000 ZX3. I bought my '99 TRD with 69K on it. This is a TRUCK! Not some wimpy little high brow SUV with mickey mouse rear axles. Love the lockers, the motor, shift in the fly, and the looks of this truck. Like how it 'hunkers down' when ya slam it in 4low. Maintenance is simple on this truck. Oil filter easily accessible through wheel well, even with big arms. Truck is sharp. I am definitely a Yota for lifer now.

Small gripes
By Whaleya on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I was thinking all all the things I don't like about this truck, and they were all minor. When I'm worried about things like cupholder size and take for granted the engine, transmission, etc I have to admit I'm nitpicking! My truck has 45,000 miles on it and has been in for repair.... well once something does break I'll tell you about it! (My 94 Grand Cherokee, on the other hand, is a money pit)

fun to beat on
By artie on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

very good truck. fun to beat on. looks good and easy to pimp out.