1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Unbreakable
By thirdtacoma on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is absolutely indestructible. I've tried to break it, but I've come up short. I redline at least 5 times a day, I hop curbs and other onroad obstacles constantly, I offroad whenever possible, and I cruise at 85+ mph just to make it work. The truck refuses to die. This is my third tacoma and I was hoping the third time would be charm. Guess I'll have to invest in the old Silverado if I want to break something.

My Tacoma
By Arnie on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The performance is awesome. Whenever I need that extra power, it's always there. I've never had a problem with it as far as reliability.

Tacoma
By D.A. on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I enjoy the Tacoma. The only complaints i have are with handling on curves (rear end tends to fishtail) also the MPG could be better. I think it is the best looking truck out there.

QUIT LOOKING AND BUY THE TOYOTA!
By COLEMAN on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL TRUCKS FROM DIFFERENT MAKERS OVER THE YEARS AND BY FAR, TOYOTA MAKES THE ABSOLUTE BEST QUALITY DRIVELINE AND, I THINK, ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING SMALL TRUCKS ON THE MARKET. I HAVE HAD NO MECHANICAL ISSUES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FRONT WHEEL ROTOR WARPING SLIGHTLY. FOR SOME REASON TOYOTA SEEMS TO HAVE AN ISSUE WITH ROTORS. THAT SAID, THE BUILD AND ATTENTION TO QUALITY THROUGHOUT THE VEHICLE SET THIS TRUCK APART FROM ANY OF ITS COMPETITORS.

Best Truck for the Money
By Pete Philippis on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 110,000 miles on this truck original owner. I've done nothing except oil change, tires, and changed the front brakes (original clutch). Rock Solid and I do not drive or treat this truck kindly. It has many dents and dings but it gets me from point A to B without ever letting me down. Highly recommend. F150 can't touch this truck.

Most Reliable Truck I've Ever Owned
By Freckles on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the fifth truck I've owned, and my second Toyota truck. The first was an '88 which ran reliably for 12 years. My '99 Taco has almost 80K miles on it and is still going strong. It travels 90 miles every day getting me to work and back plus it goes off-road in my free time to get me to some of my favorite canoeing and kayaking spots. Other than regular maintenance it has exhibited no mechanical problems and continues to perform flawlessly. I've also pulled a 2200 lb camper up through the White Mountains with no problems. Only had to drop one gear pulling Franconia Notch.

Best Truck on the Market
By redstar24 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck, I haven't put any money into since I've owned it, other than oil changes. I have it serviced by Waite Toyota in Watertown, NY. Unbelieveable service Dept., I think finding a dealer like this makes owning a Toyota the please that it is. I've averaged 22 MPG with this truck, which is good considering I have 265/75-15's for tires.

THE BEST!!
By dwMarc on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is THE truck! I've had it for just over a year (bought used) and it has surpassed my expectations constantly! It performs like the true V6 it is and rides more like a car. This is my third toyota truck and I could never be happier and reliability is top notch! I've never had to do anything with it! I change the oil and rotate the tires as expected but NEVER have had a problem even though it has about 70,000 miles! Finally, I had driven it to Montreal and back a few weeks ago and suprisingly enough it was the most comfortable truck ride I've ever felt (aside from my LX470) probably due to the TRD suspension.

#1 Light Truck on the Road
By quickspy66 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned the truck for 6 months and I haven't had any problems. I noticed a slight jerk when braking; like I was hit in the rear, and found out that it was the slip joint on the drive shaft. Those experiencing a similiar problem should grease the slip joint on the drive shaft. I wish it had slightly better gas mileage, but I did not buy the truck for fuel efficiency, and niether should a prospective buyer. I am 6'6 and the interior leg room is great! I would reccommend Toyota over any other vehicle, I will never buy anything other than a Toyota or Lexus now. Toyota definately puts out a quality product that holds it's resale value!

Excellent!!
By Heathcoat on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck because I knew that Toyota was very reliable and I wanted a truck. I am very pleased with it's performance so far! I have put almost 70,000 miles on it, and have not had any problems with it thus far!