205,000 miles still rolling
By JAS on
1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I bought this new from a dealership in 1999 trading in my 1996 Tacoma with 300,000}+ miles on it (should have kept it as back up it was still running great but was STD cab) This truck has been through 2 front end collisions one costing over $16,000 in damages, two side hits and one roll down a hill! It has spent many months in body shops. Regardles of how hard I beat it to death it still keeps going. I've had to replace the clutch at 200k which was the first major part excluding parts replaced in accidents. All in all I will never buy another make or model. Hopefully Toyota will see this and send me one for my family of 5. It's a bit cramped! I'll drive it to death & then try to buy another
Favorite Features
4WD low! I pull stumps out of the ground with this truck. It will climb the side of a building in 4 low. After adding headers and a supercharger (TRD of course) I have a grat time maing those little noise maker psuedo ten second cars eat my gravel! Only thing I would change is adding dual cab!
Suggested Improvements
None, this was the perfect frame for this truck. The new 06 genetration looks just like a Dakota to me. I can't afford to buy a new one nor part with my 99 so I save for the day that Toyota puts another nice looking Tacoma on the road! Until then I see a new engine or tranny in my next 100k.