1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
RIP my dearly departed Tacoma
By janakins42 on 11/02/11 22:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck was the best vehicle I have ever had. She made me fall in love with trucks and Toyotas. I fell in love with her after I learned how to drive a stick. I bought her with 60k miles and put 100k on her before her unfortunate end. She saved my life after colliding with a Grand Am. I have never had to do any major repairs or anything else besides routine maintainence. She took all the abuse I gave her. She got me through a very bad winter back in 08. She was even my home for a couple of months. I miss her dearly. I cry everytime I think about her. I haven't had a decent car since...not even my 4Runner. Hold onto this car forever. This car will never let you down.

The Best Car
By Roger's owner on 06/02/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This was one of the most amazing trucks, it is no wonder they are so hard to find! My Tacoma was at about 118,000 miles when I drifted of the road on a rainy day and overcorrected, which caused my car to flip when it hit a soft spot. I walked out of the car with only a scratch on my arm. Although the damage exceeded the value of the car, it kept me completely safe. This car showed no signs of age, and with routine oil changes would have lasted probably 200,000 more miles. It's bed served all my purposes, offered organizational storage, and is a car I would by far recommend to anyone.

Little beast of a truck
By wade on 02/12/09 21:56 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have used this truck to pull a 2500 lb. trailer 100s of miles every weekend for the last 3 years. The only parts I have had to replace are the clutch, tires, ball joints and shocks. If I had not towed so much weight (probably more than the intended towing capacity) I'm sure I would not have had to replace the clutch, ball joints or shocks. This thing has been one hell of a little beast for getting the job done. I have just replaced it for my towing purposes with a three quarter ton van. I sure couldn't have towed my trailer with any other manufacturer's 4 cylinder mini truck. Toyota rules this market.

A Keeper
By Roadrunner on 04/20/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Handles excellent after installing KYB gas adjust shocks. Driving mellow brings 24.5 MPG. The engine just purrs! Poeple inquire about it all the time as I keep it super clean. By far the best I've owned.

Wonderful Value
By heeyy_joe on 03/16/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Other than regular oil changes, a tuneup at 90k, and a replacement thermostat in 2008, the only costs have been gasoline. Have done lots of hauling over the years, some towing too - never any isuues. This has been a great truck for the money.

Great Small Truck + Lots of Fun
By Michael02pb on 08/06/05 16:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I will admit its not something to buy if you are going to be towing heavy payloads, however if you are needing a truck to move large objects and still want to drive it to work everyday I would highly recommend the Toyota Tacoma. It is very friendly to work on and drive. The design is so well thought out that I have never had a problem with someone being in my blind spot without me knowing. Its a big plus for me because it gets good gas mileage and it can handle what ever I give it.

Great truck for the $
By Felito on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this baby brand new in 1999. This is a very powerful 2.4 lt 4 cyl engine. I used to tow a 20' Commander jet sky boat 3500 lbs from Corona, CA to the Colorado river and I was amazed at this great little truck pulling avility. It has over 80K miles and all I had to replace was tires and front brakes. What more can you ask for?

I Love My Tacoma
By RotiEatter on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my truck. I drive a 92 Civic with a motor swap and such...it's a nice truck though...wish I had gotten the V6 though...:(

1999 Tacoma Prerunner 2dr std cab
By WAYNE WANSHEK on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have owned truck 3 years. Only problem was dead battery. Dealer sent serviceman to mall lot to start car and replaced battery at dealership, total time two hours. Truck cab is small and seats could be more padded for long trips. Speed control is appreciated on highway. has been great truck. springs could have been stronger, very small load capacity. Would consider new one same model.

Excellent
By kevinae102 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

BUY IT !!!!. This is the best vehicle that I have ever owned. I absolutely recommend this truck to anyone.