1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
RIP my dearly departed Tacoma
By janakins42 on 11/02/11 22:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck was the best vehicle I have ever had. She made me fall in love with trucks and Toyotas. I fell in love with her after I learned how to drive a stick. I bought her with 60k miles and put 100k on her before her unfortunate end. She saved my life after colliding with a Grand Am. I have never had to do any major repairs or anything else besides routine maintainence. She took all the abuse I gave her. She got me through a very bad winter back in 08. She was even my home for a couple of months. I miss her dearly. I cry everytime I think about her. I haven't had a decent car since...not even my 4Runner. Hold onto this car forever. This car will never let you down.

The Best Car
By Roger's owner on 06/02/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This was one of the most amazing trucks, it is no wonder they are so hard to find! My Tacoma was at about 118,000 miles when I drifted of the road on a rainy day and overcorrected, which caused my car to flip when it hit a soft spot. I walked out of the car with only a scratch on my arm. Although the damage exceeded the value of the car, it kept me completely safe. This car showed no signs of age, and with routine oil changes would have lasted probably 200,000 more miles. It's bed served all my purposes, offered organizational storage, and is a car I would by far recommend to anyone.

Little beast of a truck
By wade on 02/12/09 21:56 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have used this truck to pull a 2500 lb. trailer 100s of miles every weekend for the last 3 years. The only parts I have had to replace are the clutch, tires, ball joints and shocks. If I had not towed so much weight (probably more than the intended towing capacity) I'm sure I would not have had to replace the clutch, ball joints or shocks. This thing has been one hell of a little beast for getting the job done. I have just replaced it for my towing purposes with a three quarter ton van. I sure couldn't have towed my trailer with any other manufacturer's 4 cylinder mini truck. Toyota rules this market.

My Little Trooper
By TacoScott on 01/29/09 15:24 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is easily the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I have the base 4WD model with the 2.7 and few frills. I got it in 2001 with 40k miles. I'm a homeowner with the more than occasional need to haul stuff around and the every day need of getting back and forth to work through the occasional snow storm. It has fulfilled all of my expectations with no major repairs until about 131k miles when the clutch went bad. Still has the factory brakes and exhaust but looks like a little body rust will need tending to shortly. Not bad considering it hasn't seen a single day inside a garage since I've had it.

A Keeper
By Roadrunner on 04/20/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Handles excellent after installing KYB gas adjust shocks. Driving mellow brings 24.5 MPG. The engine just purrs! Poeple inquire about it all the time as I keep it super clean. By far the best I've owned.

Wonderful Value
By heeyy_joe on 03/16/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Other than regular oil changes, a tuneup at 90k, and a replacement thermostat in 2008, the only costs have been gasoline. Have done lots of hauling over the years, some towing too - never any isuues. This has been a great truck for the money.

Bullet Proof 1/4 ton
By tacomasta on 01/31/07 16:56 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Its like owning a half ton that gets 30 mpg on a good day and can parallel park better than some cars. Doesn't get stuck (within reason). If you can fit it in the bed then you can carry it. This is a rock solid reliable truck, just change the oil every 5000 or so and you're set.

Great Small Truck + Lots of Fun
By Michael02pb on 08/06/05 16:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I will admit its not something to buy if you are going to be towing heavy payloads, however if you are needing a truck to move large objects and still want to drive it to work everyday I would highly recommend the Toyota Tacoma. It is very friendly to work on and drive. The design is so well thought out that I have never had a problem with someone being in my blind spot without me knowing. Its a big plus for me because it gets good gas mileage and it can handle what ever I give it.

Awesome Truck
By Skymaster0017 on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This has been a great reliable truck. Great for everything you would need a truck for. It never has complained about anything as far as hauling or pulling. Impressive 4 cyl. eng. Plenty of torq!

1999 toyota truck
By ACKKING on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB

I Injoy Driving this truck more than any other truck I've Ever owned. styling is great,compfortable todrive, handling is close to perfect as you'll find in any small to full size truck.