1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
My Yoda may last forever
By NAgreenComa on 03/26/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought yoda new in 1999. Aside from a major accident in 2007 ($16,000 in repairs), all I have done is routine maintenance and I am at 135,000 mi. Regular oil changes at every 5k and new breaks at 90k. I don't have a 4x4, but I take it muddin sometimes, and it makes we work hard to get it stuck (using the winch is half the fun). Aside from its stunning good looks and how fun it is to drive, it is extremely reliable. It always starts on the first turn, even in the cold.

BEST LOOKING TRUCK PERIOD!!
By Lt. Duke on 06/20/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great looking truck. Reliability is self proven. V-6 has good power. Quality is unmatched. I have had several other trucks, but this is the overall best truck I have had. Not the most comfortable truck, not a lot of fancy buttons, simple yet refined.

prerunner
By delawaredrew on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great truck , but has persistent shake at highway speeds. No work has ever solved it. Still hauls loads, and runs reliably. Sucks on bumps until it's moving fast (70 mph +) Never left me stranded in 80000 miles

Soild truck
By boxer10 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great truck. Quiet on the highway, handles nicely. It may be 2wd but this thing flies through the dessert and off road. The locking read differential is great if you get stuck. Great daily driver. Very comfortable.

#1 Light Truck on the Road
By quickspy66 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned the truck for 6 months and I haven't had any problems. I noticed a slight jerk when braking; like I was hit in the rear, and found out that it was the slip joint on the drive shaft. Those experiencing a similiar problem should grease the slip joint on the drive shaft. I wish it had slightly better gas mileage, but I did not buy the truck for fuel efficiency, and niether should a prospective buyer. I am 6'6 and the interior leg room is great! I would reccommend Toyota over any other vehicle, I will never buy anything other than a Toyota or Lexus now. Toyota definately puts out a quality product that holds it's resale value!

Great reliable truck
By icansurf on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have yet to have a problem with this truck. Body is holding up great, not a single mechanical issue and I have owned it for 4.25 years. All I have done is change the oil every 5,000 miles and rotate the tires every 3,000. I average 17.5 miles per gallon overall. If you use the ETC (electronic transmission control) button your gas milage will decrease. I actually get better gas milage when hauling some weight. I have the V6 automatic. In the old traffic light to traffic light drag race, I have toasted the likes of a Nissan Maxima. I never worry about its get up and go. Great reliable truck overall!

Love it
By dpauley on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love it, it good off road and it is only the 2 wheel drive. also good on road.. feels alot of bumps but i dont mind that