1999 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

SR5 V6 Extended Cab Pickup (3.4L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
1999 ToyTacomaReview by PJM
By taco1999 on 02/06/14 13:45 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Tacoma used nine years ago, and I have done all of the required maintenance. The only thing that has ever required replacing due to failure was the mass air flow sensor. It went out about a year after I bought the Tacoma. The engine still worked with the blown mass air flow sensor; it just would not accelerate smoothly. These 3.4 Liter V6 engines are great motors as far as power and reliability, but they do not get good gas mileage. Mine gets anywhere between 17-19 miles per gallon depending on where and how I am driving it. Anybody who says they are getting above 20 miles per gallon is driving down hill with their ignition off or dropping it out of an airplane.

So long as it doesnt rain....
By AndyTommo on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Truck is 1 of the better looking ones out there, the V6 was quicker off the mark than most cars, BUT there lies the problem. This truck is horrendous as soon as the conditions turn anything but completely dry. Constant wheel spins, even when Ive been doing 30mph and tried to overtake someone; go round a corner and the things rear end spins out. HORRIBLE HANDLING IN RAIN/SNOW/ICE. To the extent that last weekend exiting a highway, the rear end fishtailed, truck span 360 and rolled over. I got out luckily, it held up well (Il give it that) but it shouldnt spin & roll in the first place. Who makes a truck like this without traction or even ABS??