1998 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: My Toyota

1998 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

My Toyota
By AJ47 on

1998 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My 1998 Tacoma is a great fun vehicle to drive. The only drawback is that it rides rough. You need to be careful when going over bumps as the rear-end wants to fishtail. I have the 4 cylinder and I strongly urge the 6 as the vehicle drags when floored to get up to highway speeds when on a highway on-ramp. The truck is excellent for off-road adventures. It tackles soft sand and with 33" ATV tires, will move along where others get bogged down. Also, it can hold a tremendous amount of weight. I had all the materials for a 10 foot by 10 foot square wooden pressure treated deck in the truck and I made it home! Great work and play truck.

My favorite feature is the truck's ability to go off-road and pull it's own weight. This truck is not a sissy when it comes to off-road adventures. It climbs rocks and dunes with ease, (and that's with the 4 cylinder).

When on an on-ramp, be prepared to floor it (4 cylinder model) as it tends to bog down even without a load in it.