1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 2

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Excellent
By Helen on 03/25/07 13:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We have 220K and still going with no major repairs, just the basics.

toyota tacoma
By vince kinast on 01/17/07 18:26 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Simply put... worth every cent. I've got 234,000 miles on a V6 4x4 with zero breakdowns.

Love this truck!
By sunshine on 10/22/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been a pleasure and a joy to own and drive. It has taken me to Alaska and back, survived many outdoor excursions and has safely gotten me home in many ice and snow storms. I have always felt safe in my truck. I have transported much cargo and two dogs. Life is good with this excellent vehicle. My husband has one too. I will 100% buy another!! Toyota rocks. Can't wait for the hybrid full size.

Its a Toyota
By eric on 04/20/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great small truck, much better gas milage than my previous Toyota V6 4x4. Also seems to have more power (not for towing though). Only complaints are seats lack padding, and turning radius could be tighter. A limited slip differential would be nice, but overall I am very satisfied with this truck and I have owned 5 different Toyotas and Nissans

tacoma
By Daniel on 04/07/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My mom bought this truck brand new in 1998. She gave it to me my freshman yr of high school which was 2000. I have put 90,000 miles since i got it, and now it has 150,000 and the engine has never been touched. I have added lift and performance parts and accessories and it looks sharp. I tow my boat and cattle trailers with ease. I recommend this pick up to everyone.

Great Reliability
By Simon Palmer on 04/07/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have 107,000 miles on it and runs flawlessly. 70 mile daily roundtrip in mostly stop-and-go traffic is no problem. Versatile.

No Problem
By Mike P on 08/14/05 10:21 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Hands down, this was the BEST truck I ever owned. I had 180,000 miles on it (with the original clutch) before I unfortunately lost my truck in an accident. The truck ran great, I easily would have gotten 250,000- 300,000 miles. It never let me down, not once. I had that thing up to 4 ft of snow, and it handled great. I had the SR5 V6 extended cab. Gas mileage was aprox. 22 mpg This truck easily beats any midsize truck any other manufacturer could make.

1998 4x4 Tacoma
By steve on 07/26/05 13:48 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in 98 and have never had any problems. Only expenses have been reg maint and gas. In the snow this veh is unstoppable. Best truck I have ever owned. The 2.7 4 cyl is a little low on power, but has never really been a problem. I always average about 20 mpg. After 155,000 trouble free miles I would only replace it with another identical Tacoma.

Taco Bell wishes they were this good!!
By Ry on 03/10/05 09:50 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is a great vehicle. 144,567 miles and still running like a clock. Advice to everyone that reads this spend a little extra and get a toyota. Chevy and ford cant compete with the reliabilty of this truck.!!! only maintenance was done on this engine.Timing belt!!!

perfect for my purposes
By jim scott on 02/17/05 21:01 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reliable, economical, and nice looking; it's all I might ask from a little truck, and I'm a little disappointed Toyota has "sexed it up" with the 2005 model year. Mine has 90000 miles on it and still has my complete confidence. Only gripe? 42 foot turning circle makes some U turns problematic.