1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
GREAT TRUCK!!!
By chops1413 on 07/24/12 22:21 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is a great little truck that will get you where you need to go. It's a great looking vehicle and it's got plenty of aftermarket options for any gear head looking for a fun time.

I'll never sell
By Luke on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is one of the best trucks I've ever owned! Starts every time and all I do is change the oil and tires. The over all cost to get around is less that any other truck I know of. 13 years and still running like a champ! I bet I'll get 300,000 miles on this one easy. Thank you Toyota!

My toy
By nickelplater on 07/06/06 07:01 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is one tuff little truck pulled 240-z from durango to houston with this little 4 banger and it never missed a beat. Great big brakes

Great Truck
By MarkW on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been a real workhorse. Totally realiable and economic to operate and insure. Zero mechanical problems.

tacoma
By Snoop Dogg on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

extremely good truck. have had it forever. would not change a thing with it.

fun to drive, poor mileage
By green98taco on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

i love this truck, it goes anywhere, including offroad. its gas mileage sucks, but if i want to go into the mountains or some big mudholes, who cares? looks great, and fairly easy to modify. i'll say it again, i love it!!!

My Toyota
By AJ47 on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My 1998 Tacoma is a great fun vehicle to drive. The only drawback is that it rides rough. You need to be careful when going over bumps as the rear-end wants to fishtail. I have the 4 cylinder and I strongly urge the 6 as the vehicle drags when floored to get up to highway speeds when on a highway on-ramp. The truck is excellent for off-road adventures. It tackles soft sand and with 33" ATV tires, will move along where others get bogged down. Also, it can hold a tremendous amount of weight. I had all the materials for a 10 foot by 10 foot square wooden pressure treated deck in the truck and I made it home! Great work and play truck.

Tacoma 1998 4wd
By Larry F on 03/03/02 19:56 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

The ride is a bit rough but it's a durable truck that's well suited for work or play. The Tacoma would be a bit of a drag as an every day driver. I do my own maintenance and can attest to the fact that this is a superbly designed truck.