Used 1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

the yota
By nic burt

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

14 years 285k miles. Best truck ever. Only thing I have ever replaced was idol air control valve. But never stranded me. Just idoled a little rough lol took this truck everywhere in some rough situations. My kids are 5 years old aandwill drive this truck when they turn 16

Bulletproof Pickup
By srsage107

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned my 98 Tacoma for nearly a decade now. The truck is running 238k miles and the last California smog it had last year, it passed with flying colors. The mechanic was not surprised in the least that with all of the regular normal maintenance I do, that the Tacoma was still passing smog like it had at 5k miles. In the entire time I have owned my Tacoma, I have only replaced the battery once, the water pump and radiator at 220k miles and the alternator at 200k miles. I use only genuine Toyota parts. This truck has hauled boats, motorcycles, sand, cement, u-hauls and still sparkles like the day it came out of the factory and has not lost any power over the years. Solid truck!

Super reliable, I have never been stranded anywhere Ground clearance makes oil changes easy Spacious bed Surprisingly powerful even in overdrive ECT switch for Transmission & Overdrive button for fuel saving on Freeway

It's a Toyota, nothing to improve

still going
By headhunter130

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck has over 357,000 miles and has been through it.

I Love My Little Truck
By Adam

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great truck. I haven't had one problem with the engine. In 4 years i have gotten in a few fender benders and broken windshield, but have not had to touch the engine. I get 23 MPG religiously. I have moved dirt bikes, furniture, and a piano!

Still going
By GJ

1998 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck for nearly eleven years. I have had to replace the starter and the catalytic converter. Just replaced the shocks, struts and front brake pads yesterday. The AC is still strong and overall the vehicle runs great. Mainly, I have only had to do the regular maintenance. It has only been back to the dealer once to replace a faulty sensor in the first few months that I owned it. I bought this because of Toyota's reputation and have not been disappointed in any way.

Durability and reliability.