1997 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

V6 Extended Cab Pickup (3.4L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Best money ever spent!
By william1969 on 06/29/13 17:16 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my 1997 Toyota Tacoma LX V6 Extra Cab in '99 with 67,000 miles on it. Today, it has 272,000 miles. I've only replaced the radiator, O2 sensor, a ball bearing joint, and the starter, as well as, the normal required maintenance such as timing belts. It is a true work horse, and a remarkable automobile for reliability and function considering the other vehicles I've witnessed. I've been offered by three different individuals on separate occasions to buy it from me. It's not going to happen.

Ol' Reliable
By ThirdGear on 01/13/07 10:41 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Awesome vehicle! After 128k miles, no problems. Engine and cruise control work perfectly. Interior components have started to rattle a bit, but that is to be expected on a truck with so many miles. Good gas mileage, good power in V6 model. Speakers aren't great. Back seats don't have enough room for passengers (but space is good for cargo). Front seats also a little uncomfortable, especially if you're tall.

1997 Tacoma Extended Cab 3.4L 2WD
By T. Clemens on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent vehicle. Only negative trait is the large turning radius. It (the turning radius) was reported as a negative in Edmund's review, but I didn't think it would be too much of a problem. But it is. Not to the extent of not buying one, but one must be aware of the large turning radius when operating it. It affects parking capability, U-turn capability, and close confinement capability. A few more inches of clearance would be beneficial as well. I think these issues were addressed with the '98 Tacomas. So, a few (2-4) inches of clearance would be nice, but a smaller turning radius would be much, much better.