Tacoma wish it were a trophy truck
By rambo for hire on
1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
2.7 169,000 on it. I purchised this truck from an air force full bird col. that told me he never did anything maintenance wise, but put 31 bfg's at's, but the first week I noticed a fuel leak in the #4 injector bank bad o-ring was the problem but replaced all 4 along with other related parts. Then I noticed during the summer when the engine was hot it was hard to start, mass airflow was dirty cleaned it with b-12 works great. Then came the front wheel bearing that went, i never seen one as hard as this the best way to tackle this is to take the spindle off and take it to Toyota service department, be sure not to damage the brass bushings you have to buy a new hub for $168.00.
Favorite Features
cup holder in front of a/c vents, keeps my beer cold. lol. all bulbs are easy to change unlike my gf car 08 accord low headlight beams poor, tire and finder well have to be removed.
Suggested Improvements
I put a set of icon extended travel shocks on adjustable ride height up to 3.25 inches of lift, but noticed performance go's down with more lift. rear shocks are god awful get a devear leaf pack and and shocks i like king 2.0 triple bypass but there pricey 5100s bilsteins are popular and affordable
By shelbert1
on 09/04/13 14:24 PM (PDT)

That is funny that cup holder "feature" is one of my favorites as well.