Not sure these trucks can be killed.
By shelbert1 on
1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB
I have owned 2 vehicles since 1985, my whole driving life. My 1st truck at 15 was a 1980 toyota pickup, I ran it to 550k miles before giving it to my brother in 1998. I purchases this 1996 Tacoma as a replacement. Was hoping for half the life of my 1st. It did not disappointed me yet. Just turned over 350k miles and is still my daily driver. Would not even think twice about heading cross country. I have replaced a starter, clutch master cylinder, and all bushings and ball joints (only one failed but I changed them all). Have yet to even replace the clutch but it is starting to slip I will buy another one if this one does give it up.
Favorite Features
This truck is pretty featureless so really allot to praise feature wise. Its manual windows, standard transmission, For a small truck it is fairly roomy, as I am 6' 2" and I still fit comfortably.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see the door handles made of metal, For a truck that last forever the plastic handles eventually dry up and get brittle. I have replaced 2 drivers handles so far.