1996 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Nothing Less Than Amazing.

1996 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Nothing Less Than Amazing.
By Izzy on

1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. I wanted it since my parents brought it home that night, after spending all day at multiple dealerships. After convincing my parents that if they wouldn't sell it to me I would just go and buy an identical one, they finally sold it to me for $5K. It's now 12 years old and still running strong with absolutely no problems. The muffler rusted itself a 3" gash in it, but I'm not at all upset. I like the sound, which kind of burbles like a Subaru Impreza, but I might buy a Cherry Bomb muffler, then a K&N FIPK Intake. Overall, the truck is flawless and I have no plans on selling it. If something breaks, I'll replace it, but there is no way I'd sell this truck without a fight.

Everything about the truck makes me happy. I think that the gas mileage is good for a truck, and the truck's 2.4L is pretty zippy if need be.

None at all, other than aftermarket parts. I plan on a 3" lift with a possible straight axle conversion, a K&N FIPK Intake w/ Snorkel, a roll cage (safety first), and some bigger wheels and tires, but other than that I like it the way it is. My daily driver.