1996 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
1996 Toyota Tacoma
By MOJOJOJO on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck for 3 years, I bought it used with 42K, it now has 87K and I have only replaced front brakes and the starter. This is a great truck.

1996 Toyota Tacoma
By mojojojo on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Good basic truck
By mountain guy on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab SB

For a reliable basic truck the little Tacoma is tough to beat.

Great Truck
By B Groover on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my Tacoma LX 4x4 since '97 and put close to 60K miles on it. I recently had the AC compressor replaced, and that has been the only problem I have had. I have added a brush gaurd, roll bar, custom bumper and 33" wheels, and it really turns heads. A blast to drive both on and off road. I have definitely become a big Toyota Fan!

Tacoma Tough Club
By Paul71 on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my 1996 Tacoma in 1999. First owner really drove the truck hard, but still it is in great mechanical shape. I've continued to drive the truck hard and have never had any problems with it. I wholeheartedly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the compact pickup market. You can't beat Toyota quality.

Truck for Life
By Probe8 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have driven this pickup since brand new and never have any problem with my 6 years of experience. Reliability was excellent through the years I owned it. On or Off the road, this will be the truck of my choice. Never thought of selling or trading it on my future years. Owning this vehicle for good cause is highly recommended.

Happy Customer
By AB on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am extremely happy w/ my truck. I hope to drive it for many more years. At 115,000, I have replaced the battery and just recently replaced the brakes! It is everything I wanted in a vehicle.

just breaking in
By Kappelmeier on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My Tacoma 4x4 has 110,000 miles and it is just getting started. It will probably run forever. It is tough and durable, and extremely reliable. I have had no problems in 6 years. I highly recommend this vehicle to everyone looking for a compact pickup.