Used 1996 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

V6 Extended Cab Pickup (3.4L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Toyota Quality
By LB on 01/04/08 08:48 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

The 2WD Tacoma has been a great truck and I plan to keep it forever as a work truck (landscaping, hauling, etc.).

240000 mile and going
By oilfieldtrash on 06/26/06 14:11 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

A few experiences with this - 1. the frame broke while going 5 miles per hour. Toyota fixed it and gave us a loaner till the repairs were complete. 2. Front tie rod separated at Sam's while getting tires. Both event 1 and 2 would have probably involved a injury if going faster than 5 miles per hour. The battery to starter cable seems to be a occasional problem. The suspension is shot. The seats are worn out. The insurance is high on this vehicle.

Tuff Yoda
By MBW on 06/08/06 09:12 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Wow, this has been the best vehicle i have ever owned. I feel it has a very attractive body style compared to other small trucks, and I can overtake every small truck I race (V-6). I have gone on multiple road trips across the US with no problems. This truck has NEVER left me stranded. I would certainly buy another one, however gas is getting a little expensive. Overall, a darn good buy!

The Original Tonka Truck
By khoisklone on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this from a friend who took good care of it but never used it. NEVER had any problems with this truck, just regular oil changes and tune-ups. Great city driving, very good handling for such a longer vehicle, but this (my) truck craves the out doors. It loves dirt roads, rocky roads and shallow streams. Drives through snow like it was four- wheel-drive. In many ways this truck is like an baseball glove. The older it gets the more character it has. And with age the glove and the truck forms around its user - it is very responsive to my needs.