1995 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: My 95 Tacoma after 11 years.

1995 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

My 95 Tacoma after 11 years.
By Jim on

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My tacoma is now 11 years old with 84000 miles on it. I have the original tires and brakes. I am trading it in for a new 2006 Tacoma just because I want a new truck. The '95 still runs great. I do not regret having bought it. I do all the suggested maintenance and have had no unexpected maintenance issues. The truck has never let me down. I go off road in Utah and Colorado and have a great time with it. Biggest beef is the flimsy drink holder that pulls out from dash. A pop can will bounce around dumping out pop. Another is the brittle paint; it chips too easily.

Strong V6! Very smooth transmission. Reliable; it never let me down. Good off road performance; I never got hung up or had to back out of anyting. Did say it is good looking?

Drink holder pulls from dash: flimsy + blocks heater controls. Paint chips very easy. Throttle is too quick for smooth off-road driving. Brakes not linear with pedal pressure. Suspension becomes unstable on some roads.