Man I love this truck
By jss5724 on
1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB
I bought this truck last year after my wife and I bought a house. I needed to get rid of my car payment and needed a cheap, reliable truck, so this fit the bill. Got it for $2800 with 145K, bald tires, and a dented bumper. I changed out some of the parts that would likely leave me stranded (battery, starter, cables, alt.) after my starter went bad. I changed ALL fluids, cleaned it up and now I feel like I have a new best friend. The bed has enough room to hold all of the supplies I need to keep me busy doing yardwork all day. My wife is a doctor now and I have the opportunity to have a REALLY nice car, but I continue to drive "the old goat" anywhere and everywhere. Thanks Toyota!
Favorite Features
SX package is a little nicer with aluminum wheels and bucket seats. It feels and looks like a sporty little ride. MPG 26+ mostly city driving. Cheap parts Other tacoma owners give me a nod! I know it's going to get me there. Timeless design Resale value Peppy little engine!!
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see all Toyota pickups come standard with Prerunner suspension. Most owners prefer the stance, and the payload afforded would improve payload capacity. These trucks are made to work - make the trucks sturdy and beefy!