1995 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 1995 Tacoma 4WD Xtra Cab

1995 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

V6 Extended Cab Pickup (3.4L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

1995 Tacoma 4WD Xtra Cab V6
By Bobs95 on

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 135K on this truck and its still going very strong. I have cheated - I have always used Amsoil pure synthetic lubes, oil and air filters, so low wear is to be expected. But the fact that I've had very few other components fail is testimony to a quality design and the famous Toyota reliability. I've been 4-wheeling and camping and it goes everywhere I need it to. Recently I bought a 4000 pound travel trailer and will likely step up to the V8 Tundra since this trailer is close to the limit of this Tacoma's towing capacity (5000 lbs). But it does tow economically - we just got back from a camping trip up into the high Sierras (6500 feet) and got 15 MPG on the trip towing the trailer.

Favorite Features

Very reliable - I HATE poorly designed vehicles that always have to be babied! This one always runs, always gets you home. Even if you never go 4-wheeling, that's a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder is too high and spills drinks on the dash when traversing rough country or roads.