1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Dependability
By Tacoma Extra Cab V6 on 09/02/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle gave adequate warning when something needed repair. Do not like belt drive for camshafts and water pump.Both require replacement at 60000 miles.

bought new
By stevedp on 07/17/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very dependable truck. Had to replace the center leafs on both rear springs. Did that 3 years ago and no problems since. Sort of a chore changing the oil filter. Box is not very sturdy. Not sure if it is worth the extra money for Toyota quality? lot or routine maintenace like valve lash adjustment etc.

Love It
By tmason on 12/16/04 12:13 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck to commute to school (1/2 hour) and twice monthly to northern VT from RI. I take it on the beach with no hesitation and can't wait to drive it in the snow. Surfing the secluded spots won't be a problem anymore. My truck has 201,000 miles on it and it feels like a newborn. I highly recommend buying a used tacoma. I've spent many nights in the back of it camping out on the beach. Its just a romantic truck.

Hate needing to sell this baby
By Rakman on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Needed to replace 2nd clutch (first clutch replaced at 50,000) at 125,000 miles. Regular maintenace for everything else......I never have needed to replace the brakes!!! Had them checked for replacement at 110,000 and they still looked good. Oil every 3k and air filter occasionally....did have to fill in some rock chips on the hood.

Its GREAT
By Zach on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I think the toyota tacoma is Great. it has enough room to have a workload, yet enough room to carry a 5-6 person family

Its GREAT
By zach on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Headding for 300,000 miles
By egret100 on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new. Currently has 282,000 miles. Each year I say I am going to buy something new, but everything, EVERYTHING, still works on this truck. It still has the original clutch, alt, starter, etc. Only has oil and filter changes. I've grown attatched to this vehilce.

120,000 miles is nothing to these trucks
By J.Z. on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My 95 Tacoma v6 has 120k on it and the engine body and interior are still great. Runs perfectly for such an old vehicle its amazing.

GREAT TRUCK
By Glenn Lightcap on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I also have purchased my truck new and I could go out and buy a new toyota. I ask myself why this one is running so well, why go out for a new one. I still like the every thing about my truck!!!!

Great Truck!!!
By brettj1 on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck brand new, almost 7 years ago. I want to buy another Toyota but the one I own now is doing so well that I hate to spend the money on a new truck.