1995 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
My 95 Tacoma after 11 years.
By Jim on 06/03/06 21:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My tacoma is now 11 years old with 84000 miles on it. I have the original tires and brakes. I am trading it in for a new 2006 Tacoma just because I want a new truck. The '95 still runs great. I do not regret having bought it. I do all the suggested maintenance and have had no unexpected maintenance issues. The truck has never let me down. I go off road in Utah and Colorado and have a great time with it. Biggest beef is the flimsy drink holder that pulls out from dash. A pop can will bounce around dumping out pop. Another is the brittle paint; it chips too easily.

Durable Truck
By Meross on 02/06/06 15:08 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is fantastic. 182,000 miles and going strong. Drives like new, never breaks, and super reliable. This truck has never broken down- never- and starts every morning like it was new. Original clutch, original starter, original alternator, never a valve job, and the thing still averages 20mpg combined city/highway. This is simply a terrific small truck.

Great little truck
By Tacoma Man on 01/19/06 17:00 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck after many years of saving up with 114K. Got the 2.7L I4, got good power without sacraficing too much mileage. Gas mileage is about 18.5. However, drivers side rear leaf spring broke shortly after purchase. Was a heafty $400 to replace with aftermarket springs. I was told this was very common with first year Tacomas. Overall, no major problems yet, doesn't burn oil, dont make noise. Ride is a little rough though.

Dependability
By Tacoma Extra Cab V6 on 09/02/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle gave adequate warning when something needed repair. Do not like belt drive for camshafts and water pump.Both require replacement at 60000 miles.

bought new
By stevedp on 07/17/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very dependable truck. Had to replace the center leafs on both rear springs. Did that 3 years ago and no problems since. Sort of a chore changing the oil filter. Box is not very sturdy. Not sure if it is worth the extra money for Toyota quality? lot or routine maintenace like valve lash adjustment etc.

Love It
By tmason on 12/16/04 12:13 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck to commute to school (1/2 hour) and twice monthly to northern VT from RI. I take it on the beach with no hesitation and can't wait to drive it in the snow. Surfing the secluded spots won't be a problem anymore. My truck has 201,000 miles on it and it feels like a newborn. I highly recommend buying a used tacoma. I've spent many nights in the back of it camping out on the beach. Its just a romantic truck.

3 years and still running strong
By Dydrmr01 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my Tacoma for 3 1/2 years and I love this truck! I am a first- time Toyota and truck owner, but I am sold. I just rolled 124,000 miles, and besides a timing belt change, I have no major mechanical work needed on this vehicle. They are great trucks, and if you take care of them, they'll take care of you. Not to mention that I live in Hawaii, do a lot of off-roading, and this little stock Toyota keeps pace with the jacked up Chevys and Fords with no problem at all.

Still Going Strong With NO Engine Work
By Sean-again on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

Here's an update. I am now just short of 250,000 miles and havn't needed ANY engine work. I am even on the original clutch. I have replaced the brake pads a couple times and the front rotors because some dip at Pep Boys turned them down too far (I bought new ones elsewhere). I change the oil at 8-10k mi intervals, there are NO oil leaks. In that time, the oil level drops from the 'full' line to the 'add' line on the stick. I burn a little oil and get a light smoke when downshifting and flooring it when passing, but no loss in power.

98 TACOMA 4X4
By DAVID on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

THIS TRUCK IS BUILT TOUGH AND HAS NEVER GIVVEN ME ANY PROBLEMS. IT GET 300 MILES PER TANK IN THE CITY AND 400 ON THE HIGHWAY. WE HAVE 3 TOYOTA TRUCKS IN THE FAMILY AND ALL OF THEM HAVE BEEN GREAT. DO THE PROPER MAINTANCE AND WOU WILL GET 300K.

Keeps Going and Going and Going...
By Jon Martin on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck for eight years now and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Reliability is great, never breaks down. Replaced the clutch at 145,000. Need a new starter now, but I am able to start the truck if I play with it abit. I have been in two rear end accidents with the truck and have had no mechanical problems. Thus far, I have only replaced the clutch, alternator and battery.