Used 1995 Toyota Tacoma V6 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Keeps on trucking... yea ya!
By Eric

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my first truck I have purchased on my own, when I was 18. Great truck!! It now has 270,000 miles and keeps on going. Things I had to replace or repair: U joint in drive shaft (80,000 miles & 120,000 mi), Powersteering pump (100,000 mi), starter (120,000 mi) and that's all that comes to mind. Right now, I do have a an oil leak, need to replace spark plugs more frequently since there is an oil leak there too but the truck keeps running fine and it passed smog (CA is a big deal). The car, in my opinion is very reliable. Toyota trucks, compact size, are great cars!

Favorite Features

The speed when first purchased car.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe better gas mileage.

3 years and still running strong
By Dydrmr01

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my Tacoma for 3 1/2 years and I love this truck! I am a first- time Toyota and truck owner, but I am sold. I just rolled 124,000 miles, and besides a timing belt change, I have no major mechanical work needed on this vehicle. They are great trucks, and if you take care of them, they'll take care of you. Not to mention that I live in Hawaii, do a lot of off-roading, and this little stock Toyota keeps pace with the jacked up Chevys and Fords with no problem at all.

Favorite Features

I love the 4-wheeling capability of this truck, I love how reliable it is, but most of all it's just a ton of fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Next time I'll go with an extended cab for more people and leg room, otherwise I'd keep it just the same.