1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Keeps on trucking... yea ya!
By Eric on 11/20/09 16:43 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my first truck I have purchased on my own, when I was 18. Great truck!! It now has 270,000 miles and keeps on going. Things I had to replace or repair: U joint in drive shaft (80,000 miles & 120,000 mi), Powersteering pump (100,000 mi), starter (120,000 mi) and that's all that comes to mind. Right now, I do have a an oil leak, need to replace spark plugs more frequently since there is an oil leak there too but the truck keeps running fine and it passed smog (CA is a big deal). The car, in my opinion is very reliable. Toyota trucks, compact size, are great cars!

Holy Smokes, Do I Love This Truck!
By BCdogs14 on 07/26/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Easily the greatest vehicle I've ever driven. I've never had to fix anything that wasn't a perishable commodity. Brake pads only once, spark plugs once. Not bad for a 13 year old truck. Even took her cross country CA to NC... she kicked that out like it was driving to the store. Gas mileage is awesome for a truck. A story: Wife was buying her Yaris, and the salesman asks me what I'm driving, like to sell me one too, I tell him "that 1995 Tacoma right there". His smile drooped and he he walked away. I am convinced this truck will outlive me. I get offers on it from strangers almost once a week... and no soap. I love this truck!!!

Man I love this truck
By jss5724 on 04/02/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck last year after my wife and I bought a house. I needed to get rid of my car payment and needed a cheap, reliable truck, so this fit the bill. Got it for $2800 with 145K, bald tires, and a dented bumper. I changed out some of the parts that would likely leave me stranded (battery, starter, cables, alt.) after my starter went bad. I changed ALL fluids, cleaned it up and now I feel like I have a new best friend. The bed has enough room to hold all of the supplies I need to keep me busy doing yardwork all day. My wife is a doctor now and I have the opportunity to have a REALLY nice car, but I continue to drive "the old goat" anywhere and everywhere. Thanks Toyota!

3 years and still running strong
By Dydrmr01 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my Tacoma for 3 1/2 years and I love this truck! I am a first- time Toyota and truck owner, but I am sold. I just rolled 124,000 miles, and besides a timing belt change, I have no major mechanical work needed on this vehicle. They are great trucks, and if you take care of them, they'll take care of you. Not to mention that I live in Hawaii, do a lot of off-roading, and this little stock Toyota keeps pace with the jacked up Chevys and Fords with no problem at all.

Still Going Strong With NO Engine Work
By Sean-again on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Here's an update. I am now just short of 250,000 miles and havn't needed ANY engine work. I am even on the original clutch. I have replaced the brake pads a couple times and the front rotors because some dip at Pep Boys turned them down too far (I bought new ones elsewhere). I change the oil at 8-10k mi intervals, there are NO oil leaks. In that time, the oil level drops from the 'full' line to the 'add' line on the stick. I burn a little oil and get a light smoke when downshifting and flooring it when passing, but no loss in power.

98 TACOMA 4X4
By DAVID on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

THIS TRUCK IS BUILT TOUGH AND HAS NEVER GIVVEN ME ANY PROBLEMS. IT GET 300 MILES PER TANK IN THE CITY AND 400 ON THE HIGHWAY. WE HAVE 3 TOYOTA TRUCKS IN THE FAMILY AND ALL OF THEM HAVE BEEN GREAT. DO THE PROPER MAINTANCE AND WOU WILL GET 300K.

Keeps Going and Going and Going...
By Jon Martin on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck for eight years now and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Reliability is great, never breaks down. Replaced the clutch at 145,000. Need a new starter now, but I am able to start the truck if I play with it abit. I have been in two rear end accidents with the truck and have had no mechanical problems. Thus far, I have only replaced the clutch, alternator and battery.

Reliable and No Major Repairs
By Pergo on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Toyota pickup used with 15K miles on it. Having owned it for 6 years and driving it back and forth between CA and AZ many times, I can truly say that this little truck is awesome. With 128K miles, no major repairs have been needed. It is fun to drive and economical. Reliable and highly recommended.

230,000 mi and NO repairs needed
By Sean93535 on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Briefly, I am the original owner and have only had to do maintenance. Well there was that body work, but that doesn't reflect on the reliability of these trucks. I am spoiled by this vehicle and am afraid to buy a new one because my standards have become so high. Another tidbit, It still has the original clutch, and I have never babied it!