Used 1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best looking truck ever, not overdone or bloated.
By Chris P. Cornell

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Keeps on trucking... yea ya!
By Eric

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my first truck I have purchased on my own, when I was 18. Great truck!! It now has 270,000 miles and keeps on going. Things I had to replace or repair: U joint in drive shaft (80,000 miles & 120,000 mi), Powersteering pump (100,000 mi), starter (120,000 mi) and that's all that comes to mind. Right now, I do have a an oil leak, need to replace spark plugs more frequently since there is an oil leak there too but the truck keeps running fine and it passed smog (CA is a big deal). The car, in my opinion is very reliable. Toyota trucks, compact size, are great cars!

The speed when first purchased car.

Maybe better gas mileage.

Holy Smokes, Do I Love This Truck!
By BCdogs14

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Easily the greatest vehicle I've ever driven. I've never had to fix anything that wasn't a perishable commodity. Brake pads only once, spark plugs once. Not bad for a 13 year old truck. Even took her cross country CA to NC... she kicked that out like it was driving to the store. Gas mileage is awesome for a truck. A story: Wife was buying her Yaris, and the salesman asks me what I'm driving, like to sell me one too, I tell him "that 1995 Tacoma right there". His smile drooped and he he walked away. I am convinced this truck will outlive me. I get offers on it from strangers almost once a week... and no soap. I love this truck!!!

Everything. I take her out on the back roads in eastern NC all the time to get to fishing holes. The rednecks here bag on me for not having 4wd, but then they see me go off road, and it shuts them up. Even the interior fabric cleans up easily!!

Someone mentioned the cup holder, and I agree. Kind of a not so stable place to put it. Same for the paint chips on the hood. But for the ONLY complaint to be the cup holder and paint? Toyota did SOMETHING right!!!

Man I love this truck
By jss5724

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck last year after my wife and I bought a house. I needed to get rid of my car payment and needed a cheap, reliable truck, so this fit the bill. Got it for $2800 with 145K, bald tires, and a dented bumper. I changed out some of the parts that would likely leave me stranded (battery, starter, cables, alt.) after my starter went bad. I changed ALL fluids, cleaned it up and now I feel like I have a new best friend. The bed has enough room to hold all of the supplies I need to keep me busy doing yardwork all day. My wife is a doctor now and I have the opportunity to have a REALLY nice car, but I continue to drive "the old goat" anywhere and everywhere. Thanks Toyota!

SX package is a little nicer with aluminum wheels and bucket seats. It feels and looks like a sporty little ride. MPG 26+ mostly city driving. Cheap parts Other tacoma owners give me a nod! I know it's going to get me there. Timeless design Resale value Peppy little engine!!

I'd like to see all Toyota pickups come standard with Prerunner suspension. Most owners prefer the stance, and the payload afforded would improve payload capacity. These trucks are made to work - make the trucks sturdy and beefy!

3 years and still running strong
By Dydrmr01

1995 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab V6 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned my Tacoma for 3 1/2 years
and I love this truck! I am a first-
time Toyota and truck owner, but I am
sold. I just rolled 124,000 miles, and
besides a timing belt change, I have no
major mechanical work needed on this
vehicle. They are great trucks, and if
you take care of them, they'll take
care of you. Not to mention that I live
in Hawaii, do a lot of off-roading, and
this little stock Toyota keeps pace
with the jacked up Chevys and Fords
with no problem at all.

I love the 4-wheeling capability of this truck, I love how reliable it is, but most of all it's just a ton of fun to drive.

Next time I'll go with an extended cab for more people and leg room, otherwise I'd keep it just the same.